A Pancreas Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Pancreas Question

This will be probably a stupid way to start a thread but , has anyone had any experience
    with pancreas problems, or know where I can find more info ?

Thanks
    kit
    AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
    Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

A Pancreas Question

WebMD would be a good start. Even google pancreas.

Good Luck,
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

A Pancreas Question

I was going to suggest googling it......you'll get more than you wanted to know for sure.
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Yep, WebMD is a great place to start.

It is nice to see you back. I haven't seen you around the boards for quite a while. I hope all is well with you.

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Thanks everyone !! Hi Accountable , Well I hit my rock bottom last month, I am at a point where
          alcohol has really messed up my stomach lining, and goodness knows what else. I'm taking everything one day at a time. I'm grateful to come here to talk to people who understand where as my mother and my friends don't get it because they don't have a problem with alcohol, but I won't go into the other issues they have and /or their addictions. ( like food, spending to much money, and not minding their own business ) oops I'm venting. Maybe thats good?!

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Hi Kit,Venting is one of the reasons we are here so please VENT AHEAD.....Evie
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Thanks Evie ! I sometimes think if I were more open with people, like saying no instead of giving in to what others want me to do I would stress less and drink way less.

Comment

A Pancreas Question

AMEN to that kitkatsue!
                Sobriety is like my avatar. It was always right there in front of me but I couldn't see it!

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Hi KitKat,

Vent away. You might want to look up pancreatitis - I know that is one that is often related to excess alcohol consumption.

I hope things start looking up - you are such a sweetie. Keep coming back. And yeah, start saying no! Figure out what Sue wants to do.

Big hug,
                  Pansy

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Hi Kit,
                    Yeah I found out recently that 2/3rds of my pancreas has 'died'. Well apparently, I actually found that out a few years ago, but I was too drunk to remember and the doc reminded me when we went thru my medical records the other day. Yes, I even went to the docs drunk in those days :-O I am on omeprazole for the rest of my life due to the holes in my stomach caused by drinking ridiculous amounts, but to date I haven't noticed that my lack of pancreas has caused any problems.
                    Good health to you,
                    Kim
                    Recovery Coaching website

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard wl:

Recovery Videos

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Thanks cuddles, pansy, and kimberley !!

Comment

A Pancreas Question

Thanks everyone !!
                        I don't feel comfortable talking to people I know about the difficulties I have had, that I have used alcohol as a poor means to cope, they wouldn't understand. But here people get it, because we have all been there.

kit

Comment

Working...
                        X