• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Smoke Free for 48-hours

yipee - keep it up. If you check out barebones posts - she did a little tally of how much money she saved each day not buying cigs and how many hours of her life she increased by not smoking. That might help motivate you.
    Booze (and fag Hag) (no more)

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

GOOD FOR YOU LUKALEE. what a huge accomplishment. You need to be proud.
      "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

You Rock !!! As a teenager I smoked for five years... I know it doesn't sound like much, but quitting was the toughest thing I ever did... I'm sooooooo proud of you and you Rock !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Lukalee - WAY TO GO! You probably remember that I quit smoking a month before I quit drinking. That was almost 7 months ago! Yipee! You are going to feel so good. Just don't get discouraged if it takes awhile to get feeling GOOD. Cigs take about 72 hours to withdrawal from and then a little longer to get the HABIT out of your head - but hang tight and time will fly right by! Good luck and congrats!! :goodjob:
          AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Good for you Luk !!!!
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Lukalee, Way to go!!

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Good for you Lukalee!!!
                Amelia

Sober since 30/06/10

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Congrats lukalee! When I quit smoking the first couple of months was truly like an out of body experience - WHO THE HELL IS THIS SHREW THAT HAS TAKEN OVER MY BODY???? type thing. Glad that part is over. I know I will never ever smoke again because I will never ever ever go through THAT again.

I found Quit Smoking All Together with QuitNet.com - Stop Smoking Help and Cessation Support to be a very helpful support site. The main discussion board can be a bit overwhelming (it's a huge community) but there are "Clubs" with smaller groups of people with similar interests. So you can read around and find a group that feels comfortable for you - sort of like the wide variety of daily and/or special interest type threads here.

They also have a "quit keeper" like BH(no more) referenced - it's amazin/disgusting to watch the number of cigarettes not smoked, dollars saved, life time added, etc. rack up. (cigs not smoked being the disgusting part) 16 months later I still get the daily e-mails with my stats and enjoy them.

Just in case that helps. Mean time - best wishes. Once you get past the hump you will be SO glad to be free.

DG
                  Celebrating 28 Hangover Free Days!
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Smoke Free for 48-hours

Way to go Lukalee! It really is hard to quit smoking, I should know, I've done it lots of times!:H

But this time, I'm doing it! Will be 4 months July 1st--with a couple of slips in there which I choose not to count!!!:H

Keep it up! You can do it, it is SO worth it!!:h
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                    X