Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'm back

hi all -

haven't been on in a while. i decided i needed some more help and went into a 30 day program. it really was the best thing for me. i met so many great people who struggle and realized i am not alone. plus - i lost weight, got back in shape running stairs every morning, and remembered what it feels like to feel good.

i am lucky also that my husband and family have been really supportive. and now i just feel better. drinking made me feel like crap. not drinking makes me feel healthy, good and alive.

i know how much of a struggle this is. i still struggle every day but i call friends/family and tell them and you know what? they aren't mad or condescending or anything, they support me and it feels good.

this site is great, but really 30 days away can do wonders if you can do it.

good luck. stay strong and stay sober!!!

i'm back

Thank you for sharing this. I am relatively new here and your post inspires me. I saved it so i can read it when I'm having a moment(s) of temptation or when I fall off the beaten path.
    God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

i'm back

Great for you, and thanks for the advice and support! I started here in February, but decided to do what most recommended--the 30 days in June. I do feel better, and don't miss it so much really!
      The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

i'm back

Great to read that! just what everyone here needs to hear. An inspirational message of hope. Nice one x
        Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

i'm back

glad to see you back and looking forward to reading about you .. strong and keep busy and keep posting
          peace , love and god bless
          :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
          best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

i'm back

Well done you, you must be feeling fabulous eh. Thanks for letting us know where you have been and what you have been doing, that is really brave of you and by the sound of you it has been so worth it. What do you do on these 30 day courses? I don't know if they have similar here in Scotland, does anyone know? I know there are places you can go if you are known in the system which are NHS run, but I am still a secret..... for how long I don't know.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Working...
            X