I am boring when I'm sober!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am boring when I'm sober!!!

Limbo is a good word for it, and I am still there. I have only had a few social occasions and they've been uncomfortable. (i'm on day 18) I suppose the operative word is "uncomfortable" though. Not painful, just uncomfortable. (Prest4Time posted an article last week which discussed this; defintely worth reading.) Not the end of theworld; we'll make it.

MM< great story about the wedding --esp. that of an ex!

Comment

I am boring when I&#39;m sober!!!

dove;351049 wrote:

i hate myself sober and i hate myself blackout drunk

i pretty much hate myself all the time though so i guess that doesn't mean much

dove
      Oh, Dove.....there it is.....why you drink....that much self-hate and alcohol go hand in hand. When you get to MM's sentence, "You are a beautiful person inside. Take the time to get to know that person and you will blossom." you wont drink.....trust me. And you WILL get there....step by step.... Never give up on yourself; you are so worth it.

And yes, partying without booze can be far more fun....more real....it's worked for me too... Keep going!

Love to you
      FMS xx
      :heart: c: :heart:
      "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

[QUOTE=livingfree;351241]So much great advise above. Just wanted to add that I honestly believe that when we REALIZE that these drinking buddies/friends/wanna be friends/etc. are in their "mode of operation" - they are in an "induced" frame of mind. They are miserable inside and using the alcohol just to impress each other with how "cute" they are. By the next day - they are filled with the same shame, guilt, misery, forgotten memories etc. that we USED to be. They are NOT happy. Oh they may lie to you, just like we used to lie to ourselves.

Liv, put my thoughts on this topic, down perfectly!

And there is nothing more disgusting and no bigger downer, than a drunk, and a blacked out drunk is far worse and really frightening!

One more thing, what "WE ThinK" others are thinking about us, is a figment of "Our Own" imagination, just thoughts, there may or may not be any reality to these thoughts.

Good Luck!
        xxKate
        A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

You said it yourself - all these people kept talking about was how much they wanted to get drunk. Sounds like they were the boring ones.

Comment

when i see others drunk now, i know i am missing....NOTHING! i am not boring...i am WELL! they are BORING! :H

Comment

I didn't get sober in AA, but I did have some good sponsors. I complained about this very problem to one of them, and she answered (quite rightly), "WHY ARE YOU SO OBSESSED WITH YOURSELF?? NOBODY THINKS YOU'RE BORING BECAUSE NOBODY IS THINKING ABOUT YOU. THEY ARE THINKING ABOUT THEMSELVES AND THEIR FRIENDS AND THEIR CONVERSATIONS." That cracked me up and did bring me a bit back down to earth!

Comment

Larissa,
                Those words are so True!! I rememver hearing that a long time ago and it really makes sense!

Thanks for sharing!
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

What a great thread. I went out this weekend with some family camping. Normally I am the last one standing drinking non stop. I set out to drink until I felt good and just QUIT. I did just that, and went to bed. I was told I was a buzz kill bore because I didn't stay up till 3 am drinking like I used to. Kind of hurt my feelings to hear that. I was so proud of myself the next morning, only to feel like a party pooper. At least I didn't make a fool out of myself like I usually do and I LIKED ME the next day instead of HATING ME.
                  :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                  AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Dove,

What words of wisdom on this thread.

I, too, feel much more "social" when I drink. The life of the party. Laughing. Being "me." Ooops. That person is not me.

If my friends and coworkers don't like the sober me, they don't like ME. The heck with them.

In my opinion, as a drunk, I am much nicer, much more understanding, much more able to truly listen to people sober. Drunk, yep, I am "fun" because I am stupid, numbed and not able to deal with the real people there.

I would rather be sober. Any day.

Hang in there, Dove. You will find you are not only just fine the way you are but the best.

Love,
                    Cindi
                    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

tea;351113 wrote: HI Dove, yes been there done that too. Keep telling myself that it is the drunk company I'm in that is boring... I do know what you mean though, I used to think I was hilarious when drunk but really I was just drunk..... SOber me is soo much nicer, kinder and smilier...

Lxx
                      Spend more sober time with drunks and you may find that they really are boring.

Comment

Working...
                      X