Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't do it by myself,be strong...for me???Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am sooo uncomfortable with the questions that I will face tomorrow.Medical people,that I can not begin to explain what I have been thru....too.I am TOTALY EMBARESSED.Please tell me that Pain and painpills do not have to equal...Drunk???? Mostly i am mad because i care what they think. Please be kind and gentle.You always are,so why do I worry??? Evie
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Evie, of course pain and painpills do not have to equal drunk... but I'm not sure what you are talking about here. Are you saying that you take pain pills to such an extent that you seem drunk? Or are you afraid that taking pain pills will make you "drunk"?

Sorry, I'm not sure what is going on here. But one thing is certain, it does not matter what "they" think. You must do what you have to in order to get well. Nothing else matters. Not what they think, not anything.

You are going to get through this. Just let us know what we can do to help.
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Evie...first they will think here is someone who is willing to change.....second a big hug,you will be fine honey....x
      WA.......A
      Mwo,s worst speller....

Comment

just try to be as honest as possible for them to be able to really help you.
        you can do it
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Evie!

Pain and pain pills do not equal drunk. Are you having something done tomorrow? A procedure? I see now.xxxxx

Most medical people care and do not judge, be honest with them so they can help you the best they can tomorrow. Try not to be embarrassed and try your best to explain what you have been going through and how WELL you have been doing.

If you are worried that you will be prescribed a narcotic for pain and that it will get you into trouble, discuss this with a physician. There are alternatives to narcotics.

And remember, Evie, that medical people are human too. We have our problems as well, LOL, they might understand more than you think.

Just try to be honest and open. As best you can love. so they can help you.

It will ALL be OK, really it will.

magic xxx
          ~Are you looking for the Holy One?
          I am in the next seat.
          My shoulder is against yours. ~Kabir

Comment

Evie -- I remember that you responded when I drank after taking Darvocet ... I made a mistake and regret it... I am now AF again... the pain pills can make you vulnerable... know that...prepare... don't take enough money with you, take a friend -- tell a friend... you can do this. I was so made at myself after my slip!!! It was a waste of time...
            You are strong -- you survived your brothers visit -- this is nothing!
            Tiny

Comment

Evie, I can relate to everything you have said. I think a huge part of my quitting drinking this time
              was that I quit taking the pain medications about a week before. I feel like the meds
              lowered my resolve. That being said I think you will find that you are stronger having done
              some serious booty kicking with AL since May 12, woo hoo!! Don't tell yourself you care
              what they think, tell yourself that you care enough about your self to ensure they have the
              information they need to give you the best care and appropriate meds. Please let
              us know how you are after.

Biscuit

Comment

Working...
              X