Crap! 2 dogs die in 10 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I had to put my little traveling buddy to sleep this afternoon. She has had an eye problem for a few days and I'd been applying antibiotic cream. She was clearly in pain and when the vet saw her she had glaucoma - very painful in dogs.

If she were a much younger dog they would have removed the eye, but my only option was painkillers which would have produced severe nausea.

She is 15+ and gave me so much loyalty and joy. I will miss her very much. Hubby out of town, so it was a long 1 hour plus drive back.

I'm glad she's not in pain, but wasn't ready to leave her.
    Enlightened by MWO

Ohhh my pooooor SKeendall,
    I'm so very sorry about your little buddy passing away. Truthfully though, my hats off to you in making the tough selfless decison to take her out of her pain. As a pet owner it is our responsiblity to sometimes do that. Remember all the good, fun times you shared with your little furry pal that never cared if you combed your hair or even remember anti-perspirant. xxx
    My heart goes out to you, Sincerely,

~ I hear a whinny on the wind~

Comment

SK, I am SO sorry to hear this. I know your dog was your traveling companion and I know how much you will miss her.
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

I'm, so sorry.

Comment

So very sorry, Hilary. Even though its the right thing to do, it still hurts like hell.

Comment

Hillary,

(Hilary??) Sorry, I can't remember the correct spelling.

However, I can commiserate about the travelling buddy. Truly.

I have only had to be there with one I "helped" put to sleep. She had been my faithful and loving companion for many years.

I have a dog now that I love immeasurably and he loves me that way, too. When I am home on the weekends, if hubby wakes up before me and leaves the bed, Poulan stays with me. Once I wake up, he is in my face, licking and begging to go out.

I take him out and I can tell how hard he has waited for me to wake up. He pees and pees and pees. However, truly, he will not leave my side while I am in bed, no matter how much he has to go. Hubby has even tried to get him to go out and he refuses.

Our friends are our friends for life. Love unconditional. We don't get that anywhere else.

It is one of the true gifts from God. It really is.

I am sorry you had to go through this today, especially alone. :l:l

But, you "got" to go through this today because you were loved.

We simply cannot ask for better than that in life.

Oh, and because you loved, too...

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Hello and just wanted to say that I feel for you and the loss of your pet. I know how much love they give.

Hope you are ok,
              Sammys

Comment

Thanks to all of you. Am still in shock, have shed some tears, but I think it will become more real when she's not there tomorrow - 15 years of waking up with her.
                Enlightened by MWO

Comment

10 Commandments for Pets

Hi Hillary,
                  I'm so sorry to hear of your loss! We recently lost our cat of 18 years, he basically grew up with us. A friend shared the attached that sent me back into tears, but also let me know that we really had made the right decision. Attached files attachment.txt (4.2 KB)

Comment

I am so sorry, Hilary. Man, you have been through a lot of emotional turmoil lately. It is sooo sad when we lose a pet. Especially one you have had forever. Hugs to you. :l

Comment

Hilary,

I am so sorry too. Wow, you have been through a lot. I only wish when I met you that I had walked out to your car with you to meet her! I remember she was patiently waiting for you while we talked.

I've had to put a loved animal to sleep before unexpected as well, and like Tawny says, it hurts like hell. But rest knowing you did the right thing.

Big Hug!
                      P4T
                      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Hillary so sorry to hear about your little friends. The last time we lost a dog I was an emotional basket case for days. Extra hugs for you XXXXXX
                        nosce te ipsum
                        (Know Thyself)

Comment

(((((((Hillary)))))))

Hon, I'm sooo sorry. I know how much our four legged friends give us in love. Fifteen years, a lot of memories. Luv ya hon.:l

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. We too just laid our little guy down after his hind legs became paralized. (Wienee dog) I felt worse having to tell my 10 year son his best friend was gone. So, the pain is heart felt for you. Take your time to heal.
                            :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                            AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. 4 years ago I had to put our beloved Melly down due to liver disease. I don't think I will ever truly get over it. I know we did the right thing, but oh, how I miss her! We all do. Sigh.

I hope your heart heals soon and keep remembering all the good times.

Kat
                              "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

Working...
                              X