Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Nan

I can relate to a lot of the things you've put here - apart from the not cleaning your teeth, for some reason, no matter how drunk I was, I always managed to clean my teeth!!!

:welcome:
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

...even your teddy bear's an alcoholic...

Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

CS04;367508 wrote: I just hate the label alcoholic. Hope no one busts me on this.
        CS04, ever since leaving AA in 1993 I've hated this label. But, as I sink deeper and deeper into the bottle, I'm feeling less inclined to quibble over labels. I feel like I've gone past being a problem drinker, so what's left?

Nan

Comment

Dear Nanrelli,
          Your story is not timid compared to the others! Your story is the nightmare that we are all heading towards unless we get a grip on alcohol. I have never gone to bed with my day clothes on our not brushing my teeth. Yes, my house became messy, I got depressed, I isolated and a lot of the rest on your list. I'm afraid that you might be thinking you're not that bad. That you're only a problem drinker!.
          Think again.
          All the best to you.
          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

I never wanted to admit I was alcoholic, I think I was only able to admit it once I decided I wanted to do something about it - I only decided I needed to do something about it when I began taking risks and compromising other people's safety just so I could have a drink.

Comment

...you're looking for possible resellers for a mobile phone product your company sells, you search in google, find an appropriate website and click on the link - on the site there are various buttons along the top - Gadgets & Gizmos, Toys & Games, Home & Lifestyle, !!!DRINK STUFF!!!- ooh, let's click on that!!!

Arrrrgh! My subconscious just went straight for it...

Comment

...you start eating an apple that's started to ferment, and cannot stop youself eating it even though it tastes quite revolting, each time you go to throw it in the bin, you take another bite out of curiousity...

Comment

Well, I'm gay so kiss a girl everyday but to relate in a different way- trying to snog the boy who gave me a lift home while my girlfriend is at the front door waiting for me!

Nevermind, stitches, wounds and not remembering driving, phoning, faling,fighting, the list could continue...

Great thread, have "enjoyed" reading it.

Thanks!
                  Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                  Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

OOOH!

Forgot this one, get home, try cook, load the oven (it's ON) pass out on it and wake up with soya sauce all over myself and the floor (my housemate turned the oven off thank god-could've been soya roasted chic(ken)!)
                    Full is not nearly as heavy as empty, my love...
                    Not nearly. -Fiona Apple-

Comment

Just remembered this one whilst cleaning the kitchen, was wondering about some screw holes in the wall, was trying to remember what was there and then it came to me...

You purchase a can crusher so you can fit more cans in your recycling boxe(s), but after 2 days it's worn out and falls to pieces.

Comment

when you find yourself in a hospital sike ward cleaning your hands and the cleaner smelling like vodka

Comment

Gyco;395957 wrote: when you find yourself in a hospital sike ward cleaning your hands and the cleaner smelling like vodka
                          LOL! I've found myself craving that!

Comment

You can't remember what happened in the movie that you watched with your son that night or how you got to bed! aargh!

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

You sit on the edge of a motorway bridge with hubby holding your legs and have a pee......OMG..........
                              Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                              Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

You are meeting friends for an outside BBQ the next day, but you are so hung over on two bottles of wine that while you are trying to compose yourself in the brillant sunshine and chat with your friends, actual fruit flys have found you and are buzzing around your head...just you! Weird.

Everything I need is within me!

Comment

Working...
                                X