You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh, and another one.. when you check your bank statement online and find purchases from an off-licence on a day that you could have swore you never went out...
    ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

I left my handbag in a pub once. I realised in the next pub and ran drunkenly back to the previous one to find that someone (by the mercy of God) had handed it in behind the bar.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

one2many;412674 wrote: Lost my passport in a gay bar once
        LOL... sounds like the lyrics to a song
        ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

When you tell your parents and daughter who arewaiting on a train that your just poping to the shop to buy a paper to read on the way home. You buy a bottle of wine, go to a toilet and down it in one before you leave. Then you buy some mints.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Bandit;353958 wrote: When sadly you are able to say 'yes,I have done that' to the majority of the above - except for sprinting in a sari - but otherwise an uncanny resemblance!
            :h
            Bandit
            I was about to say the same. LOL

I didn't realize how sick I am until I read this and could relate to most of them. I guess we drunks act the same way no matter where we are in this world (UK, Irland, US).:l
            sigpic

Comment

brittzak;355721 wrote: Have to look at your phone log to see who the hell you called and try your hardest to remember SOME of the conversation.
              OMG - Did this one just this morning. :upset:
              sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, no probs. Bought a plastic cup so it was easier to down. Had to re swallow the last 2 but there was no way i was letting it go to waste! Carried on then on the train, saying i was getting food, and then when i got home, drove to tesco and bought another bottle, which i didnt remember till the morning when i saw the half empty bottle and the bill. So i downed the rest.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Wondering where the next bruise was going to show up from being clumsy and wondering which wall you were going to tell Hubby you ran into, or which rock you fell over while taking the dog out, or just shrugging and saying 'I just bruise easily.'
                  Today is my next day AF.

Comment

My first time on this thread. I can sooo relate to almost all of it. IAD, LOVE that pic of the guy surrounded by bottles. I showed my daughter and she said that she is going to do that to one of her friends.lol
                    Ok, You walk into a bar, plastered, and look around and say, "Damn, there are some ugly women in here", not realizing it is a Transvestite bar.
                    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

You didnt sea?!!!! Really?
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Yes, I did! Lol. That's not the worst of that night. I also tried to pick up a homeless man for a date. OMG I am so embarrassed.:blushing:

Comment

Oh god just remembered another one- having to give your bank statements to your husband who is remortgaging the house and needs to give them to the bank as evidence of income and practically all the entries in mine are irish bars, the claddagh, the fiddler, the dogsbollix, the immigrant, pogues, the bog etc (you get the picture) AND YOU DONT EVEN LIVE IN IRELAND and also interspersed with Valley liquor and then the day after buger king/KFC/Wendy's/MacD's for the hangovers. Oh the shame....the shame
                          Never ever drinking again.....
                          BH

Comment

Me too. That is a classic sea...like something from a film!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Needless to say, I went 3 years AF after that night.lol

Comment

Thanks for the bump you guys!!! It was like looking in a mirror to read some of these posts. I shudder but I smile at the same time. You are right O2M, we need to keep this thread bookmarked for the tough times (by the way, how do you do that exactly?) I just read the entire 30 pages and really feel strengthened. Kriger
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X