You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gyco;822561 wrote: hi vlad,hope your well,i beleive it is a big decision to admit your an alchoholic,i beleive your alchoholic,when YOU,say you are,people can say what they think,bit it comes down to,it is all about ,You,i wish you well FRIEND,gyco
    This is so ture, this was the hardest thing for me to do to admit.....
    Formerly known as Teardrop:l
    sober dry since 11th Jan '2010' relapse/slip on 23/7/13 working in progress ! Sober date 25/7/13 ( True learning has often followed an eclipse, a time of darkness, but with each cycle of my recovery, the light grows stronger and my vision is clearer. (AA)
    my desire to avoid hitting bottom again was more powerful then my desire to drink !

Comment

Bumping this up for the newbies.

I am sure we can all identify..some of it is funny when you realise how stupid a drunk can be..some of it is heartbreakingly sad....

I am sure we can all find ourselves in here somewhere..
      "It's not your job to like me, it's mine!"

AF 10th May 2010
      NF 12th May 2010

Comment

I love this thread. Thanks for bumping it up O2M.

You know you're an alcoholic when you have 9 beers in the refrigerator, drink 7 of them, realize you don't have enough, and drive to the store to buy another 12 pack. Oh, and you leave your 12 year old at home not even considering what would happen if you got a DUI and she didn't know where you were (cuz your dumb ass would be in jail...)

Shameful. Glad those days are over.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You know your an alcholic when you're too drunk to drive and you ask your 15yr old son, with his learning permit, to take you to the liquor store for "funions" (my secret code word for booze) and he's too happy to do it because he get's to practice driving! Sad, Bad Example Mom!

Comment

WOW I just read every last page I laughed and I also saw myself in a lot of the post u know u have a problem when u know how to stop withdrawal symptoms.

when u con your DR into prescribing benzo's because u know it will help with withdrawal,
            https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

When you drink the liquour out of chocolate liquers as you are not "allowed" to drink..
              When you swig wine or vodka straight out of the bottle using the fridge door to hide yourself so no-one sees..
              When you pour vodka into a soft drinks container, pretending you are drinking a soft drink..
              Yep, all me, last year... thank god I dont do any of that anymore!
              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

KatieB;850955 wrote: When you drink the liquour out of chocolate liquers as you are not "allowed" to drink..
                When you swig wine or vodka straight out of the bottle using the fridge door to hide yourself so no-one sees..
                When you pour vodka into a soft drinks container, pretending you are drinking a soft drink..
                Yep, all me, last year... thank god I dont do any of that anymore!
                :H

Comment

Definitely fallen between the toilet and the tub. Miss the mark when trying to pee.

Had a friend piggy back me home because I was too drunk to WALK. Woke up with twigs in my hair. And a angry husband who had to clean up vomit all over the bathroom. Nice.

Become a blubbering crying emotional mess when drunk. I don't do that too often but seriously ashamed the next morning. Yuck.
                  Do many things you would NEVER EVER do sober. Ughhhh I cringe at the emabarrassment!

Comment

Your an Alcoholic when you wake up the next morning in a House of Ill Repute, can't find your car keys....can't find you car period, can't fiquire out how you got their and the person laying next to you looks like Godzillas ugly sister.... ! Ha! ( A friend told me this happened to him ! Ha! ) Tongue and check...friends ! Ha! IAD
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD;851882 wrote: Your an Alcoholic when you wake up the next morning in a House of Ill Repute! Ha! IAD
                      :H - i know that one well.. you wake up the next day and everyone is treating you like a leper.. "what did i say/do??" - no one tells you.. you have to work it out for yourself.. arrrrrgh!

Comment

You pass out on the floor next to the bar and get woken up by the owner of the club the next morning and get asked to Plz leave. Or was it the cleaner that woke me. Wow. Or when you get arrested for breakin into a bike shop. I just wanted to test the glass strength, then ended up takin a bike just to get away once the glass broke. Naughty naughty.
                        Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                        AF since 04th May 2010
                        Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                        My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                        :crazymonkey:

Comment

You wake up still in your car, parked in front of a stop sign on the curb, next to a very busy intersection and not remembering anythin of the night before.
                          Failure is only failure the moment you give up.
                          AF since 04th May 2010
                          Fell overboard on the 8th July!
                          My worst mistake was thinking that what i did wasn't that bad.
                          :crazymonkey:

Comment

You wake up in the morning covered in mud (from falling down a ditch the night before)...
                            When you need a drink in the morning to prevent having a hangover...

Comment

When you wake up in the morning thinking what on earth did I say or do!!
                              When you throw up down the taxi drivers back - yuck!!
                              When you read your childrens school books and they tell a story in great detail how their mummy was funny because she was drunk and could not get up the stairs daddy had to carry her!!
                              Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

when you become the quiet whisper of every body in your family.
                                https://www.mywayout.org/community/f8/my-story-some-40119.html My Story

AF - 08/06/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X