• Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

This thread makes me wanna cry!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Oh, Harvey...I was hoping nobody would bring up the peeing issue...bed-wetting while passed out is just NOT hot, don't care who you are. So humiliating!!

Oh, yeah, and emailing Dave Matthews lyrics to the massage therapist with the pregnant wife (during blackout), also not good.

Funny now, almost. Really not funny when this stuff happened, am I right? Damned destructive shit. Good riddance.

Comment

KAT20;355586 wrote: Ripple, sorry to hear about Clyde.
        i know she is dead..minus more kittys...i am not going to drink about it...she was a friendly one..:upset: glad i did not find her...

Comment

Leaning out the car door in the AA parking lot to puke and try to do it quietly while attempting to cover the inside light with your hand but can't reach.
          sigpic
          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

My B-I-L: You shove a very large knife through your hand trying to splice apart some frozen samosas.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

you try to act macho trying to open a beer bottle cap with your bare teeth, and find a couple of teeth broken into pieces because you are too drunk to percieve the pain...yes it happened to me!:boohoo:
              *Let noble thoughts come to us in all directions...*

Comment

Your husband and mother-in-law are in your living room having a drink with you - you pop out to the kitchen to refill your glass, you pull the vodka from the freezer, pour a very very large measure, gulp it down in one, refill your glass with a reasonable measure and walk back into the living room with it.
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

When you sober up at work and have to go out on your break to check the car park to see if you drove in.

Comment

WE'VE ALL BEEN THIER.. !!!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Wondering, while sobbing uncontrollably, why I can't just be normal.

I'm with cindi, this thread makes me want to cry.
                      Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Aw, don't be so sad!

Sure, it sucks to be an alkie, but think about it - there are lots of people who are not normal in much worse ways than we are (aren't?). On the "not normal" scale, we barely even rate.

We're all gonna be okay! So we don't get to sip on wine and cocktails! Fuck a duck!!! ('Scuse my French.) Hate it for us. Oh, well...at least we can still cuss and have sex.

Comment

good point Larisa, about the normal.

The experiences we allow ourselves...the self abuse...we willing open ourselves to...makes me sad...this addiction makes me sad. But...move onward and upward! On to better, sober, days!:h
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

This thread partly makes me sad.. and partly makes me happy knowing that there are others struggling like I am.

Here's mine ...

When you ask your kids something, or bring something up to them ... and they tell you that you've already had this conversation .. and, for the life of you, you can't remember it....... And this has happened so often over the years that you've taught yourself to approach a subject without seeming like you have or have not talked about it already.

When you take a drink in the morning and wonder how many other people in your neighbourhood, or city, are doing the same ... and feeling like you're probably the only one.
                            AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

When you cancelled appointments because you are too drunk to go. i have used every lying excuse in the book - stomach bug, kid is ill, got dates mixed up, etc.......

And I also cancelled people coming round to visit me, saying i was ill, when the truth was i was too drunk to guarantee i wouldn't have passed out by the time they got to my home.

ugh!

Comment

When, having run out of mixers for your vodka, you decide that pickle juice will do just fine.

On more than one occasion.

Good thing I like pickles.

Comment

Working...
                                X