Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Quote by Wave2
    You find letters in the morning begging you to stop drinking. You have no idea who they are from but they are in your own hand-writing.
    Wow. I have done this more than once. Tore them up so no one else would find them.
    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

dolphin, couldn't get a taxi???LOL. In my younger days I had a taxi driver take pity on me and drive me around looking for my car...about 3 am...New Orleans... (Damn that could have ended badly).
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

you get so drunk you see better WITHOUT your glasses on. Not trying to be funny, a true fact for me unfortunately.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I was once drunk and forgot to pay the taxi driver, I just staggered out of the taxi, went into the house, up the stairs and fell into bed. Somehow I did realise and got up and went down to pay him. I opened my front door and he was still there waiting...

He said, "I thought you'd gone in to get money, but I guessed after all this time you were drunk and had forgotten. I was just about to knock on your door."

I don't remember how much it cost me...
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

OH The shame!

Hit a pavement once on my way home from book club aka wine club, didn't recall the incident at all until the next morning when hubby came home from gym and asked me very politely "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPEND TO YOUR CAR LAST NIGHT?", to which I could only stare blankly at him through my blood shot eyes.

I think I found this site that day in my self-pitying hung-over state.... :upset:!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

When you stumble out of the bar with your friends and can't find your car. After 30 minutes of looking, we decide to take a cab to a nearby hotel to sleep it off. Next morning we go back and look, still can't find it.

Go to the police department to report it stolen. After two hours of filling out paperwork, etc, I start to sober up and have a flashback! I drove it over to another bar and parked it on a different street at some point in the evening! Shit, now what?

Try telling THAT one to the officers! They flat out asked me if we drove drunk. Uhm, no officer, I'm just really really forgetful. Think he bought it?
              Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

When you find a note from yur daughter with a drawing of sad face with a tear and the words "YOU LIED !!"
                workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

When your ruin the family Christmas, with the now grown up niece and her 3 young children who have come to see Aunt Karen after many years, for after you guzzle from your Vodka stash in your room and after hit takes powerful affect, you re enter room with your hair in a new style/updo wearing formal attire, such as long dangly antique rhinestone earings and spaghetti strap plush dress and heals and pose for "family"pictures . You awake the next day with the two most successfull brothers, ie, "The Golden Boys" as refered to by two "less" successfull brothers, to "tough love" you at 8AM with JUMBO Vodka tumblers in their hands. You have no idea what they are talking about until the pictures are developed and you have Aunt Magie in a choke hold from behind as you were full of lushy love, as she was trying to play the organ.

"Tough Love" had to be postponed so as Oldest brother who is in the lime light with his success has to puke in a bucket right in front of you because he is too intoxicated.

Worked out for the best for the stuff of lushy love was awaing and c a l l i n g from room.
                  :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Humility

Also, when you awake the next day and resurface you find Nieces little freckly faced daugter wearing your antique rhinestone earings and extremely rare necklace to match and you ask where did she get those and she said "You gave them to me Great Aunt Karen".
                    :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

You know you are a drunk when you throw your empty bottles away at garbage cans located on highway rest stops, 7-11's and Wal-Mart dumpsters.
                      September 23, 2011

Comment

When I got caught stealing from the stewardesses? trolley somewhere over the Atlantic ? the 8 beers weren?t enough ? I needed a bottle of wine?.

Going on a 5 day training course for work and deciding that (being away from home) I should have the mother of all binges on the Sunday night ? that made my first day the Wednesday?.

Deciding after 6 beers ?preparing? to go out and then a few vodkas before the show that I was funnier than the comedian I was going to see ? I wasn?t and the rest of the audience didn?t think so either (I?m cringing?)

Throwing up at a girlfriends parents BBQ didn?t leave them with the sophisticated first impression that I planned in my head

Getting the morning shakes when I visited my mum and spilling coffee on her cat ? that was a difficult one - deciding if me or the cat was more unhappy

Phoning into work hungover, only to go out for more drink at 10am and seeing a colleague in the queue behind me (I have no idea if they saw me, but they didn?t say anything).

There are more?

Comment

Very ashamed of this...

...you take advantage of an opportunity to drink all afternoon after an early finish from work and suddenly remember you're running a youth club that evening. You phone your youthwork colleague and let him know you're going to be late because your train is delayed (really you're trying to sober up). Your youthwork colleague can tell by your slurred speech there's something wrong and tells you not to worry about getting there. You arrive home and contemplate how you're going to get there, if you walk your husband will ask why so you decide to drive. You luckily arrive safely at the youthclub looking worse for wear but very late. Your colleage takes one look at you, says you look like you've been doing drugs and orders you to go home. The members of the youth club (aged 14-17) embarassingly stick up for you and tell your colleague he's being mean. Your colleague orders you again to go home. An hour later you're still there and your colleague asks you why you haven't gone home yet - you insist on staying till the end and then drive another youthworker home afterwards.

:upset:

One of the rules of the youthclub is: Any members suspected to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave the premises.

Comment

when you decide you will walk to the store....which is miles away cause I live in the country, because no one will drive you cause you've had ENOUGH already.
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

...you search for images of vodka on Google.

Oh how embarrassing!!! A colleague caught me as well...

Comment

When you allow someone to "love you" in a dangerous way ... because you believe, as an alcoholic, you deserve the grief and abuse. Letting someone de-value you because you have lost your sense of true worth.

Now, that really bites!!
                                Courage is fear that has said its prayers. - Karl Barth
                                :wings: :huggy

Comment

Working...
                                X