Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

when you've had a whole bottle of wine before 5 pm

and definitely when you wake up EVERY morning at 3 am, parched, guzzing water, can't go back to sleep because your mind is racing, trying to remember what you did or said the night before, regretting, and truly feeling THIS IS THE LAST TIME I will feel like this.

Comment

Wanna, make your NY's resolution to try AF....XOXO
      Meow-Meow
      MonaKitty

Comment

You have a drunken conversation with a close friend about importants things that are happening in their life and you wake the next morning not to remember a thing that you have spoken about and having to txt them asking them/hoping you havent said anything un toward.

Inviting a friend out for a Boxing day drink and being so high and drunk they turn up to the pub not to find your there but to have dissapeared because you couldnt handle the situation, ive beat myself up for years with that one.
        Don't Let The Bastards Grind You Down - Eat Them Alive

1 - 2 - 3

Comment

This thread is amazing! Funny, sad and scary all at the same time. But what a great reminder of the things we never have to live through again (although I would have paid to see some of the things described...hirarious!)
          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

after having an epeleptic seizure because I knew I just had to stop, after it got to a litre bottle of vodka per day..
            being found on the floor by my older son having the seizure..

going out the following day coz I was shit scared by not understanding why I had, had the seizure..
            and going out at 6am to buy a bottle of vodka, thinking "shit if that is what happens when I try to be good..
            I might as well drink till I drop.."

falling asleep on the sofa the same day only to be woken by the police, because social services had taken my little son into care as he was waiting to be picked up from school by his mum...me

this has a happy ending..
            after finding this site and so many fantastic friends.. my boy is slowly being reunited with me..and if all remains going good (which I am determind it will)
            he will come home for good in the middle of June when school breaks up

Comment

That will happen LJ, I am sure of it. You are working so hard to get ollie back, it is inspirational.
              Ethanol is a toxic chemical, why would I drink it?

Comment

KTAB;821289 wrote: That will happen LJ, I am sure of it. You are working so hard to get ollie back, it is inspirational.
                thankyou darling,
                I am sooo determined I am not gonna screw up, I love my boy soooo much, and when I picture his little face sitting on the bench at his school waiting for me...it breaks my heart.

Comment

... when you watch TV and bring three beers from the fridge instead of one because you don't wanna get up again after two minutes

I don't think I am the only one guilty of this

Comment

When you realise the 9 empty litre bottles of vodka for the bottle bank are just a weeks drinking and that was only the hidden part.
                    Lady Jan, your relationship with your young son will probably be even stronger because you will know what you nearly lost - well done I have much admiration for you, its very easy to drown in a bottle isn't it?!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Spectra;737418 wrote: You're the only person you know who sobers up after a couple of drinks...

S.
                      oh yes!

Comment

stellatoshine;730973 wrote: i panick that i havnt got enough wine to see me through when im only 1/4 way through the first (or second) bottle. i feel happy n secure when i know theres bottles in abundance
                        Again i ive been there

Comment

tictak;821660 wrote: Again i ive been there
                          so true. and if im out im off to get another drink when hardly had a gulp of the one i have. security in knowing its there!!
                          Today is the tomorrow i worried about yesterday and it turned out fine
                          Keep passing the open windows

Comment

.....you've been heavily on the slops and
                            (1) You're scared shitless as to when/where you'll have that alcohol induced grand mal seizure.

.....having finally made the commitment to admit yourself to a detox unit
                            (2) You're scared shitless as to when/where you'll have that alcohol withdrawal
                            grand mal seizure.

Been there, done that - and diazepam nor anticonvulsants stop them. Pretty good reason to give up the grog, eh? As no doubt some other wit has posted elsewhere, "It's easy to give up drinking; Ive done it plenty of times!"

But every 5 years or so I fall off the wagon. Complacency with the passage of time? Over-confidence with the passage of time? Just me being me? Perhaps.

:new:

Comment

You know your an alcoholic when you dont actually feel like drinking but you know after the first glass you will get into it

Comment

hi vlad,hope your well,i beleive it is a big decision to admit your an alchoholic,i beleive your alchoholic,when YOU,say you are,people can say what they think,bit it comes down to,it is all about ,You,i wish you well FRIEND,gyco

Comment

Working...
                                X