You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when you come home from the bar, see your BF sitting watching TV and without a thought, throw a beer bottle at his head. He gets fed up, takes you to the tub, turns on the cold water, you freak out that he's trying to drown you, call 911 and the police come to take you both in. Spend time in the pokey for 12 hours, and spend the next month trying to get the restraining order removed. After 2 year deferred judgement and counseling, get married have 3 kids and try to get your life under control. No fights like that in 10 years.
    'You might not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you!' - Walt Disney

I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. ~Agatha Christie

Comment

When you're pissed and post shit on a forum for alcoholics and problem drinkers. Definitely not normal drinking.
      Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

You know you are alcoholic when

Your daughters and your husband give you the cold shoulder because they are so sick of your broken promises and so are you.

G

Comment

When you read these posts nodding your head and cringe at the awful things you'd forgotten you did......
          "In the depths of winter I finally learned there was in me an invincible summer ."
          AF - JAN 1st 2010
          NF - May 1996

Comment

This thread sends shivers down my spine sometimes. You know your an alcoholic when you can no longer survive unless you totally accept your circumstances and change.

Comment

You just don't remember

When you are three days past the last time you drank and you are sure you didn't drink that much but hubby tells you about a conversation that you had with HIS MOTHER ughh and you don't remember even drunk dialing her.

Georgie

Comment

When you go to the company party, in too tight clothes, and beg every man there, including your bosses, to dance, then decide everyone would enjoy you table dancing on a rickety table that launches you across the room.
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Ouch

Ruby, Ouch that must have hurt physically and emotionally, I have drunk dialed work during the day on my day off, even drove there once while drunk to show off new puppy drunk in the morning wearing ragged and stained clothes with no shower. Cringe........
                  G

Comment

When you sit at the corner of a bar drunk off your ass and still drinking because you want that 1 last beer and you do it in silence knowing that you should stop but it takes you another 2 beers for you to stop.

Oh the shame, glad those days are over. (I only sat at a corner once, but I knew I should of stopped but continued anyways 1 too many to count).
                    I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You know you are an alcoholic when you buy listerine mouth wash and pretend that you have an infection in your gums. This is after the family have confiscated all of the al from the house and wont let you out of their sight to get more. Bloody hell that stuff is vile!!!
                      I am a part of the family of humanity. Not one person on this earth is a stranger to me. Rev. Ted Noffs

Comment

When you drive to the liquor store (drunk), think you're hot shit as you strut in (in your pajamas), proceed to fall down (in aisle 2, between the tampons and shampoo), laugh out loud because it's SO FUNNY (NOT)...but still manage to grab a 12 pack and even remember your debit card PIN number (now that's skill). Then you wink at the clerk on the way out because who wouldn't find you attractive and highly amusing?? I'm glad the glad the guy didn't call the cops on me...must have been the wink at the end that saved me. LOL
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

When you wake up after an all day/night session to find a receipt in your purse for shopping worth ?60.00 bought at 1153pm from a supermarket, you search all around your hotel room for your goods, that you can't remember buying, and find nothing, K9 I agree getting your pin number right is a skill ecspecially during a black out............cringe what must I have looked like!!!!

Comment

While hauling out the trash filled with cans and bottles, your neighbor gently suggests that you should start recycling. :bigcry:
                            Ginger

You are here:
                            sigpic

Comment

When you wake up with a wardrobe on top of you because you were trying to find a way out of your sisters spare room
                              Taking it ODAT

Comment

When the Ale House throws you out

Laughing with friends in bar then BOOM
                                Next memory-outside with manager waiting for
                                cab he has called after saying you threw something
                                ??? at the bartender. AWFUL

Comment

Working...
                                X