You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I take my hat off to you for originality one too many, I would never have thought of such an elaborate ruse!!:H

one2many;1252407 wrote: When you go out and buy a wicker basket, 2 candles, a box of chocolates, Red Ribbon, a book of cloakroom tickets(even tho you only need one)..............................and 2 bottles of wine, arrange them all nicely in the basket, stick a ticket on to the handle and announce to hubby when he comes in that you won a lovely hamper in the neighbourhood (non existent) raffle.....

You had mentioned that morning that you were giving up the booze but by about 2pm, it did not seem like such a good idea....can't go out and buy them...so...WHAT A GOOD IDEA!!! I will say I won them....

Would be rude not to drink them...

Ohhhhhhh the delusion...
    Taking it ODAT

Comment

you know you are alcoholic when you have no money to buy any so you try and deliver as many of your handcrafted orders as possible to get the money to blow it on AL instead of saving it to buy raw materials you need for further orders

NO I am not going to do that!!!!!!
      Taking it ODAT

Comment

Hats off OnetooMany!
        I have bought one of those Christmas boxes that come with the glasses and said somebody gave it to me. But the initiative it took to do the basket, wow!
        I have said it before; if we use our powers for GOOD, imagine all the good we could do!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

one2many;1252407 wrote: When you go out and buy a wicker basket, 2 candles, a box of chocolates, Red Ribbon, a book of cloakroom tickets(even tho you only need one)..............................and 2 bottles of wine, arrange them all nicely in the basket, stick a ticket on to the handle and announce to hubby when he comes in that you won a lovely hamper in the neighbourhood (non existent) raffle.....
          I cannot help but respect such creativity. :H
          Ginger

You are here:
          sigpic

Comment

when your teenager tells you that his 9 year old brother told him he asked santa "for mommy to stop drinking wine"
            caper
            AF since Sept 2013...
            :alf:

Comment

When your first priority in the day is to just get that ne: drink that is never that just ne: drink.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
              I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

How many raffles did you win over the years Oney?
                If your 8 year old self met you, would they be proud?
                Rejoined life 20/5/19

Comment

too funny Oney!!!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

You had mentioned that morning that you were giving up the booze but by about 2pm, it did not seem like such a good idea....can't go out and buy them...so...WHAT A GOOD IDEA!!! I will say I won them....

Would be rude not to drink them...

Ohhhhhhh the delusion...
                    Pure gold. The one thing al allows us to do is exercise our creative minds to find new and colorful ways to drink without being caught.

I once had to "accidently" drop the milk on the floor of the kitchen so I had to go down the shops. The reason for this was simple, we had friends coming over and Geoff had a hankering for fine single malt scotch and knew I had the same weakness and had messaged me that we where going to have a crack at the 18 year old scotch in my cupboard.

All well and good but the drink in there was long ago replaced with cold tea and would never pass for 18 year old single malt hence the dropped bottle of milk and the quick dash down the shops.

Then to smuggle the booze in while my wife was in the kitchen I had to put a phone call into one of my suppliers and then pretend financial ignorance and make my wife talk to them. She had to leave the kitchen and go into our office at the other end of the house to speak to them so I could organise the switch.

It's damn hard work, so glad I don't have to do that shit anymore.
                    I refuse to be labelled or ashamed. Through my struggles I am achieving self awareness and clarity.

Comment

Balboa - We may have crossed paths...did you ever try to relieve yourself against a standing mirror? I woke up to that lovely sight one time. LOL

Oney - Your creativity definitely deserves an award. Now that is really going "above and beyond".

Nursie - I think I have your booty shorts.

But seriously, I know these stories are funny (yet sad). I hope nobody thinks we're making "light" of being alcoholics. I think it's good to look back and reflect on things we've done so that we don't ever have to go down that road again!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

This one just came back to me today:

When you have to give your car a blow job to get it started. I had an interlock device on my car for 18 months. I thought I was so slick, I put the device into a fast food drink cup and threaded the tube up into the straw, so it looked like I was taking a sip of a soda, instead of having my blood alcohol level checked. Imagine doing this at gas stations, grocery store parking lots. I even had an occasion where I was on a first date and my date walked me to my car and was gentlemanly enough to wait for me to get my car started before he drove off. I bent down and pretended to be digging in my purse, meanwhile blowing frantically. OMG the humiliation.
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Dave -
                          I too have added tea to the bourbon bottle.....sicko huh???
                          ps...we no longer keep booze in the house
                          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

I have added water to the vodka bottle...so sad
                            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

why are you doing that

Comment

Britt seriously why are you are you on a personal destruction path

FOCUS.

Comment

Working...
                                X