You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss you dear very tired need to kinow you are keeping ya self well??

Comment

Nothing tops the time my buddy flew out of the back of a Jeep and somehow survived. We found someone sober enough to get him to the hospital, and watched him get scrubbed up, it was gross. Thank God he was ripped out of his mind, he's managed to totally recover, pretty amazing, one of the worst nights of my life watching that, worse for him

Comment

Balboa, that's horrible! I'm glad he recovered. I bet seeing that sobered you up real quick. I'm so thankful that I don't have any permanent damage from my drinking days, just really bad memories! When I think of situations that could have turned out VERY differently....*shudder*. I won't even start in on the Tijuana stories.....yet. LOL
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1254285 wrote: Balboa, that's horrible! I'm glad he recovered. I bet seeing that sobered you up real quick. I'm so thankful that I don't have any permanent damage from my drinking days, just really bad memories! When I think of situations that could have turned out VERY differently....*shudder*. I won't even start in on the Tijuana stories.....yet. LOL
          Well I'm never gonna try to top you K-9, But when was the last time you got taken to jail In Ensenada, and found that your father was already in there. Keep in mind we didn't know the guy was even in Mexico,,,

Be Well, B-45

Comment

Oh my lord Balboa. Well nothing says dysfunctional like a family reunion in an Ensenada jail cell. (Not that I'm implying your family is dysfunctional....)

Comment

K9Lover;1254291 wrote: Oh my lord Balboa. Well nothing says dysfunctional like a family reunion in an Ensenada jail cell. (Not that I'm implying your family is dysfunctional....)
              Gotta have a sense of humor about this lifetime, have a nice day. Gonna go AF for 20 straight starting tomorrow wish me luck

Comment

I agree about the sense of humor. If I didn't laugh I'd be crying. LOL

Good luck with your 20 days...you can do it!!! Let us know how you're doing!

K9

Comment

when you can't find your keys cause you are so drunk and yu stupidly get in your husbands HUGE Cadillac that you cant even drive sober and proceed to weave down the road for more beer

Balboa...that one about jail was a good one!!!
                  Good Job on 20 days
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

" A drunk was in front of a judge. The judge says 'You've been brought here for drinking.' The drunk says 'Okay, let's get started.'"
                    Henny Youngman[
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

Not me thank god but I overheard this while at dinner tonight.

When you rather buy a bottle of alcohol rather then get much needed gas in your car.
                      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

OMW!!! I removed the cards from the satelite decoder, to ensure my kids don't stay up too late... And then couldn't find them for 2 days!!!!! Luckily the memory is fading!!!

Comment

- When you flush your glasses down the toilet.

I drank myself sick one night and the next morning could not find my glasses anywhere. That's a big deal when you are as blind as a bat! Never did find the glasses but came to the conclusion that they must have fallen in the toilet while I was heaving. I flushed $1,000 away that night.
                          Ginger

You are here:
                          sigpic

Comment

When in a hotel room with a bottle of wine with a cork and no opener you sit
                            on the edge of the bed with your eyebrow tweezers pinching the cork out bit by bit
                            and then you have to push the last bit in and you sit there chugging away
                            with corky bits in every mouthful and you just don`t care :H

love Flossie xx
                            Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Comment

I have seen this on a tv show and even though I know its fake, I wonder how many have done this. Thankfully I never did.

When you lie about sharing beer with a friend so that you could have all the beer yourself.
                              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

when you are lied to over and over and dont know it cause your to drunk to care at the time
                                Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Working...
                                X