You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just read this thread from start to finish...have laughed and cried my way through the whole day!!

This story took me a LONG time to laugh at.....

I SHOULD have known i was an alcoholic when ....i bought a beautiful new outfit for my work Christmas party that included a shortish white skirt...unfortunately after a boozy lunch i couldn't find appropriate light coloured underwear to go with it so in my state i decided I would go without. While i was arguing with the head bartender for cutting off my wine, i lost my footing ( the party was on a boat but that probably had nothing to do with it!!!) and i fell over with my legs in the air!!!!

Thinking about going to work on the Monday morning still makes me feel sick!!

Comment

When you can't remember the worst stories to tell about AL!:H:H

"I like people too much or not at all."
      Sylvia Plath

Comment

Miss Behaving;353449 wrote: .... when you count up the transactions on your bank statement and realise that you spent more on booze in a month than your mortagage
        OMG, I can so relate to this! A&S Liquors was a prominent entry on my bank statement!!!! I bet they think I died or something.

Another closely related thing: trying to hide the liquor bottles under other soda, milk, etc bottles when you put the recycling bin at the curb.:H:H Usually still at least one bottle sticking out of the top.

Sylvia Plath

Comment

When you constantly think about it and can't wait to get to drink again because you think it is fun.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

:bump:
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

You know that your an alcoholic when you spend money that you don't have on AL.
              I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you plan your life around drinking. You turn down offers to socialize so you can sit at home, alone, and get drunk...then the next day you pretend you were SOOO busy the night before, and you pretend you don't have a raging hangover.
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

when you wake up in a cell covered in your own blood and wondering what the fuck you have done!

Comment

When every Monday your co-worker asks you what you did over the week-end and you have to make up stories because all you really did was sit at home and drink and then nurse a hangover the next day. After awhile you start to really envy the person in the stories.
                    AF since 6JUN2012

Comment

Good one, Pixie. That certainly describes me. Now I just say, I stayed home and did nothing. LMAO!

You know you are an Alchy when you look forward to chatting on FB (drunk). :H:H:H:H

Sylvia Plath

Comment

LibraryGirl;1318940 wrote: Good one, Pixie. That certainly describes me. Now I just say, I stayed home and did nothing. LMAO!

You know you are an Alchy when you look forward to chatting on FB (drunk). :H:H:H:H
                        Can't say I ever had the aspiration LB. Whether you did or not or anyone else is not the way to move forward imho. I am the lame and vulnerable one speaking. Here's a drunk story though:
                        almost drowned when I was 21
                        Psalms 119:45

?Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.?

St. Francis of Assisi

I'm not perfect, never will be, but better than I was and not as good as I'm going to be.

:rays:

Comment

Not me but there has bound to be someone like this out there.

When your drunk and your the bartender that is working that night/day.

Comment

You know you have a problem when...

....when waking up with a double Bloody Mary sounds like a brilliant idea!

....when you're supposed to be the designated driver to pick up your boyfriend and his buddies at a bachelor party but you get bored while waiting and instead get tossed and he has to drive YOU home while puking out the car window.

....when you do blow not for the sake of the cocaine itself, but you do a few lines just so you can drink more and not be hungover (and instead have a lovely clogged face for 12 hours).

....when after guzzling a bottle of champagne in 30 minutes with a friend, you two decide opening a magnum of champagne is a better idea (and polish it off in less than an hour).

...after commanding the attention of 25 people at a party at your house, you ask a woman you've met twice if her husband does a good job of eating her pussy?

....when you're a crabby bitch all day to your kids until you have a glass of wine and then you become "nice" mommy.

Comment

RingingCedars;1318943 wrote: Can't say I ever had the aspiration LB. Whether you did or not or anyone else is not the way to move forward imho. I am the lame and vulnerable one speaking. Here's a drunk story though:
                              almost drowned when I was 21
                              Huh???

Sylvia Plath

Comment

I think i almost drowned in AL every week end since i was 16.
                                theres nothing like a bar fridge full of beer for ones 16th to start a drinking career of in style.
                                Thanx mum.
                                AF since 10/26/2009

It will be five years sober 10/26/2014

Comment

Working...
                                X