Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Hey Satz

The truth is I do not like him anyway. HAHAHA. I could only tolerate him drinking! He is not my type, and I do have a very nice bf anyway. I had just noticed that he was all gung-ho until he realized what a mess I was. I was impressed that he had sense enough to back off after he saw the reality.

Comment

Generally speaking, I think I have horrible taste in men when I'm drinking. The whole bar, drunk guy, drunk girl scenario never turns out to be a good foundation based on mutual affection for booze...
      Day 1 again 11/5/19
      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Gosh...when I think back to all my less-than-wise decisions regarding men, they all involved alcohol...of course! If it weren't for alcohol, I'd (almost) be as pure as the driven snow! :H
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9 LOL

ME TOO! As pure as the driven snow! With far fewer scars (literally) from drunken banging around!

Comment

I got a new one. You know your an alckie when the bartenders kept tract of my drinks one night and here is the story

Tonight, when the bartender introduced me to another bartender he told the other bartender that he remembers me from when I was drinking and he told her that I was literly drinking all different types of drinks and they kept tracked of all the different drinks that I had and the list was 2 pages long.

I had to nod and the other bartender was shocked to hear it. Hearing that reminded me of how bad I was. 21 months sober and happy that those days are over with.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

K9Lover;1467259 wrote: Gosh...when I think back to all my less-than-wise decisions regarding men, they all involved alcohol...of course! If it weren't for alcohol, I'd (almost) be as pure as the driven snow! :H
              Oh, I'd still be a virgin! :H:H:H

Comment

TO ALISON

You Drifty are an inspiration in these parts! A GREAT inspiration to the "youngsters".
                You have beat down the demon at an early age and I know your parents have to be proud. Though all of us feel social pressure to drink it is certainly more so in a younger crowd. Younger people after all tend to think they are bulletproof.
                I sure wish I had quit at a young age, and I certainly knew then that I should. So happy that you are here with this varied and terrific group of people!

Comment

Bump up for Newbie's....
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

You know you're an alcoholic when the guy at the liquor store has your total rung up before you even get to the register because you get the same thing EVERY time you go in there (daily, sometimes twice a day).

Comment

Nursie;1467230 wrote: Generally speaking, I think I have horrible taste in men when I'm drinking. The whole bar, drunk guy, drunk girl scenario never turns out to be a good foundation based on mutual affection for booze...
                      I concur! Actually ... things have been creeping up on me lately that have been forcing me to take a long hard look at the realities of my drinking. One example ...

You know you're an alcoholic when ... (and I am about to tell you all a true and embarrassing story)

You are at a jazz club and someone sits down beside you (male in this case) and says "Hello LJ" and you have no idea who he is. He then proceeds to tell you how much fun (yeah, the naughty kind) he had when you took him home after a night of hard drinking. I had absolutely no recollection of this guy -- and I still don't.

Seriously, that is so sad!!!

Comment

ljeanner;1469185 wrote: I concur! Actually ... things have been creeping up on me lately that have been forcing me to take a long hard look at the realities of my drinking. One example ...

You know you're an alcoholic when ... (and I am about to tell you all a true and embarrassing story)

You are at a jazz club and someone sits down beside you (male in this case) and says "Hello LJ" and you have no idea who he is. He then proceeds to tell you how much fun (yeah, the naughty kind) he had when you took him home after a night of hard drinking. I had absolutely no recollection of this guy -- and I still don't.

Seriously, that is so sad!!!
                        Been there...done that. My best friend used to have to "refresh my memory" for me. Yes it's sad, but the good news is, neither one of us has to live through that shame ever again!

Comment

INSANITY

WHen you have a few drinks and decide that inviting the college age boys across the street over to play ping pong would be a really good idea. NOT.

When you have to call your friend in the morning and say "WHO is this guy in my house?" after the memory of you and your friend in a bar ends early and mayhen MUST have ensued after that.

Comment

Ann Carolina;1469864 wrote: WHen you have a few drinks and decide that inviting the college age boys across the street over to play ping pong would be a really good idea. NOT.

When you have to call your friend in the morning and say "WHO is this guy in my house?" after the memory of you and your friend in a bar ends early and mayhen MUST have ensued after that.
                            Story of my life! :egad:

Comment

Oh Ann I feel ya!

One time I let my dog out so I could ask the teenage boys across the street to help me catch her. That led to a night full of drinking and a drunk trip to Jack In the Box with one of them driving my car. I thank the Lord above my daughter doesn't know. They rang my bell for quite a while after that, but I think they finally moved on. How embarrassing for my daughter that these little boys like her mom. LOL

Comment

I thank you ladies. So ashamed, but you are helping by speaking truth and bringing light(ness) to all the memories of my own craziness. Cheers, LJ

Comment

Working...
                                X