You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when your other half is asleep in bed next to you, and you;re staying up on mwo because you're too sober to sleep, and so ashamed of being drunk you don't want to be alone
    I have faced it, a life wasted, and I am never going back there again

To ya'll my name is inchy. I am an alcoholic - and priority number one is making it to the end of this day AF. No excuses.

Comment

when you just dont give a shit anymore
      I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
      Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

when you change your user name on MWO and then can,t log on cause you can,t remember!!!

Comment

Thanks for your well wishes, Zenstyle. My neck has always been screwed up (too many hard openings while skydiving) and you can't tell my nose has been broken. You can *feel* it, but it doesn't show unless you look really closely! :l
          "The Pessimist complains about the wind; the Optimist expects it to change; the Realist adjusts the sails."

—William A. Ward

Comment

Bump, for Psy.
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

When you're grateful that the guy at the liquor store didn't call the cops on you because you're obviously already too drunk to be driving!

(Every time this thread gets bumped I have another story. LOL)
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

When you send a fax in the middle of the night to the local court house to say you won't be appearing the next day because you are very B & I........then forget you did that.......you know what comes next.......WTFFFF??mg

K9 - more stories.....how could that be????:h
                It is not what we do, but how much love we put into the doing.
                Mother Theresa

Comment

Wow....after the first couple of pages I wanted to cry, and then after I just kinda gave in and said "yea...that's kinda me" it got pretty funny.

Comment

When you have no money and return a bottle filled with water,and ask for a replacement bottle as the original was a bad batch!!! Can't believe I have done that!!

Comment

WHen you start receiving deliveries that you don't remember ordering.
                      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

When you replace the bottles in the mini bar in a hotel room with water and use soap to make the seal stay up. UGG.
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

when it's 8 am and your first thought is I all I want is a drink...
                          when you are so hungover at your son's birthday party, you sneak off into a far away storage closet in the basement where you hope no one can hear you force yourself to throw up into a pail (and you do this about 4 times, during his party in order to feel remotely human)... AND you think nothing of it when you decide to go out drinking two days after this catastrophe...
                          On a mission, and the only option is success. My family and I deserve a better life, an AF life.:h

Comment

Bump, for Sodagirl.
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

When you go out to a bar and your best friend has to remind you that "you already slept with that guy" because you don't remember.
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9,

LMFAO. You have the best stories girlfriend! I've got some doozies too but not sure I can top that one.

Oh, how about:

When you have a party and your date catches you with another guy who just happens to be standing behind you, kissing all up and down your neck and shoulder? (And I was 40, not 14). Man, this shit is painful to remember, isn't it?

xx,

UN

Comment

Working...
                                X