You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when the next morning after a party you collect all the empties hoping theres enough beer left in a few to make a whole one
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Bump....for 3June....
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

When you try to sneak the wine bottle out of the house to get it in the recycle bin before anyone wakes up and catches you; or....

When you go to do laundry and find an empty wine bottle in the bottom of the hamper or

When you are having a conversation with your husband and he says "you probably don't remember but.."
        Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
        [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

When you constantly think about AL and the next time that your going to drink and get excited for it although you know that your going to regret it the day after.
          I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

You show up at work so messed up, you start dancing infront of coworkers because its your "birthday" and don't even remember the next day. Co workers tease you mercilessly for days.
            When total stangers walk up to you and say....."you don't remember me do you"?
            When you have been arrested 5 times for dui and disorderly conduct.
            When your 6 year old niece says "i don't wanna see auntie". This one was particularly hard. She had never seen me sober all her young life. All she had seen was auntie acting a fool all the time.
            Its for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm then and DO NOT let yourself be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Gal 5:1

Comment

Byrdlady;1519331 wrote: Bump....for 3June....
              Help? What does this mean?
              Newbies Nest
              Toolbox
              My accountability thread

Comment

3June2013;1520047 wrote: Help? What does this mean?
                "Bump" just means that Byrdie was replying to this thread just to 'bump' it to the top of the active threads for you so you can see it. Threads with no replies eventually drop off and can't be easily seen.
                Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

3J, you'll notice that when you hit the New Posts button, it lists all the newest posts....so when one gets some age on it, it goes on down the list and sometimes gets buried. As soon as the next person replies on that thread, it makes it new again...so we go in and 'bump them up' so they will appear on the New Posts list again at the top so they are easier to find. Hope that helps! Byrdie
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

X-post loverly Byrdie! How you doing?
                    Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

3June,

"Bump" means someone bumped up a particular thread that has maybe been dormant for a while, and so when you click on a particularly one of the forums, you will see that thread among those most recently opened. Byrdlady probably felt you needed extra reinforcement/support because the "You Know You're An Alcoholic Thread...." is very compelling and hits home with a lot of people. Newbies here many times do not know how to navigate the forums to find topics/threads that give them the most help, and Byrdlady's been sober for a while, and reaches out to Newbies a lot. Hope I didn't confuse you more.

Comment

:H I see 2June's questions were answered lots faster than I could muster.

Thanks everybody!

Comment

I'm good Siren and Rusty!! Glad to know we are all on the same page when it comes to bumping!!! xxoo, B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Ah ok I get it thanks. So by just posting in the thread the word bump or bump for so and so you bring thread up in the "new posts" category, then people will see it faster?
                            Newbies Nest
                            Toolbox
                            My accountability thread

Comment

I am so hungover all day that all I do is lay on the couch all day, watch TV and eat like a complete pig, vowing to stop drinking once and for all only to pop open a new bottle of wine at 5 and watch it disappear before my eyes and then wake up the next morning completely hungover again.

So glad I have a few months between that and how I feel today!!!!
                              I just won't anymore

Comment

You know you're alcoholic when...you and your BFF have a pact "No plans when we're drinking" because there's nothing worse than waking up with a splitting headache dead tired and thinking why the ..did I say I'd do that today? And that's only if you remember you said you'd do it!
                                Newbies Nest
                                Toolbox
                                My accountability thread

Comment

Working...
                                X