You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you get on the wrong plane. Yes, there is more to the story (small plane on a runway, poor signage with change of gate, raining heavily) but still, drinking impaired my judgement because San Jose and Sacramento don't sound anything alike.
    Free at Last
    "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
    http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

Free at last - Now, this is a funny story!! LOL! I love it!

Comment

That's almost as good as the story of waking up in your car in a pond with some ducks swimming by (read back for that full story!)...no it wasn't me! I usually just woke up wondering who the hell was next to me.
        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

When you change shops regularly because you dont want the shop keeper to know how much your drinking. When you wake up not remembering how you got back from the pub... then you go back to the pub to start drinking again even though you feel like shit and find out from the landlady that actually you didn't leave the pub and go home last night. You actually got in a taxi with a group of lads and went off into town.... you have no idea who they were or where you went and cant remember a thing but your bank statement tells you that you withdrew ?100 in a nightclub cash machine

Comment

Gotta love these tragicomedy stories. I know it's cliche, but truth is stranger than fiction and this thread really puts an exclamation point on that statement. I've posted a couple of doozies (sp?) myself.

Comment

In recognition of my 100 AF days, I decided to bump this up with another episode from my past.

When you remember having a long conversation with a good friend, but can't remember the details, only to be told it was quite intense, you were rather passionate, but tended to repeat your points.
              Glad those days are over.
              Free at Last
              "What you seek is seeking you." -- Rumi

Highly recommend this video
              http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html

July 19, 2013 -- the beginning of being Free at Last

Comment

You wake up in a storm drain, covered in mossie bites & other wounds that the doctor says are rat bites....I've always had an awful fear of rats & to think they were all over me, gnawing at my body.....

Comment

Mlisa-:upset::upset::upset: What are mossie bites? I'm getting ready to send you a PM...give me 15 minutes. Please tell me you got checked out by the doc. Rats carry rabies. Don't give up. You can do this. I will help you find a way.:l

Free-congratulations on the 100 days!!!:goodjob: Thank you for bumping up the thread. Oh, those conversations and calls I couldn't remember (SHUDDER). Yes, yes, yes, in the past for me.

Comment

you get thoughts from a co-worker:

him: "I'm really finding that if I have one glass of wine every night I don't really get the effect, so I'm only going to have one glass of wine alternate nights"

me: "wtf is with this "one" & "glass"?"

meh

Comment

when you would be appalled if your sons knew...period!
                      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

free at last;1573923 wrote: In recognition of my 100 AF days, I decided to bump this up with another episode from my past.

When you remember having a long conversation with a good friend, but can't remember the details, only to be told it was quite intense, you were rather passionate, but tended to repeat your points.
                        Glad those days are over.
                        Ugh. Been there, done that.

Comment

mossie bites = mosquito bites. A bit of British to English translation I've picked up.
                          Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

When you feel like proclaiming your love to a coworker at 2am...and the only thing that stops is you don't have their number or email address. Talk about relief and embarrassment the next day.
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

K9Lover;1576434 wrote: When you feel like proclaiming your love to a coworker at 2am...and the only thing that stops is you don't have their number or email address. Talk about relief and embarrassment the next day.
                              Ugh. I've made so many idiotic drunken phone calls and sent drunken texts and posted like a fool on the internet. No more of that!

Comment

When you pass out in a fast food drive-through inbetween the speaker where you place your order and the window where you pick your food up. Albeit quite a while ago, this really did happen and while it was actually my husband driving, we were both so polluted it was pathetic. The driver in the car behind us had to toot their horn to get us to drive up to the window. If that wasn't a sign of things to come, I don't know what was.

Comment

Working...
                                X