You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MossRose;1621547 wrote: Anyway, spending a whole drunken night on FB sending out friend requests to everyone I have ever known including current co-workers, along with a personal message explaining "why" we should be friends. SHUDDER.
    Most of us should have interlock devices on our computers as well. One of the reasons I don't do Facebook anymore.
    In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Alky;1621596 wrote: Most of us should have interlock devices on our computers as well. One of the reasons I don't do Facebook anymore.
      Alky - I don't do FB anymore either (see above). Nice to meet a kindred soul. MWO is the only social networking I do now.
      Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

Alky i so peed myself laughing, cant wait to tell the kids that one. Mind you that is soooooo bad, glad we have changed for the better!

MS great move on fb girl, i have left some clanger comments and posts also, even decided one night to post god posts and i am so not religious. My kids thought i was nuts!
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

available;1621649 wrote: Alky i so peed myself laughing, cant wait to tell the kids that one. Mind you that is soooooo bad, glad we have changed for the better!
          If you can't laugh at yourself…There often is humor in the sublimely absurd (I've gotten several nasty PMs regarding my moniker and avatar on this forum - if you don't get it, Google "Matt Foley motivational speaker.")

I probably should have said, though, that I "barely coherently slurred I've been drunker." And yes, MR, the doctor shook his head in disgust and left the exam room. I overheard a nurse saying she couldn't believe I was even conscious.
          In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Falling over in a vacant block almost drowning in mud then proceeding to the Lounge room and collapse on the floor. Really makes a hell of a mess on Pink Carpet!!

Comment

My very best effort was to drive the car into a creek and then wonder hours later what the hell ducks were doing floating past the window!!!:sigh::shocked::shocked:

Comment

Just remembered another one ( I love this thread). When you are out to dinner with your husband and are sipping a glass of wine, you excuse yourself to go to the "bathroom", which just happens to be past the bar. You stand at the end of the bar and quickly order a double and down it. Heart pounding the whole time in fear of my husband turning around or worse, having to go past the bar to go to the bathroom and finding me out.

During dinner having to go to the "bathroom" a couple more times. The whole while sipping on my "respectable" 1 or 2 glasses of wine at the table. Coming home, not remembering what I ate for dinner... Passing out, snoring. How romantic!

I was also a pretty big expert at getting doubles during intermissions at the theater. Discreetly trying to rush to get into the line ASAP. The lines could get pretty long and my heart would pound for fear of intermission being over before my turn to order came up. The whole time trying to act totally nonchalant. It's sad how much time and effort I dedicated to planning to drink rather than focusing on the show. So depressing.

Comment

When you haven't had a drink for 140 days, during which you've felt better than you have in years, life has started to look possible in a way it hadn't before. "Moderation" enters the mind at some point and you try ignore/get rid of the thoughts because moderation has never worked for you in the past. One evening your BF decides to go to the movies, and as fast as lightening, a decision is made without thought-- you drink as much as is humanly possible (kids are at home!) in 3 hours and can only remember puking, and a disgusted look on the BF's face before passing out while putting the kids to bed. :upset:

Comment

When your 13 year old son calls, completely drunk, and tells you he needs help. But you don't know where he is and he's too out of it to tell you. So you, and your husband, and your oldest son, and every friend you can enlist gets in a car to start looking. You find his friend first, face down in a drainage ditch and call his parents. They rush him to the hospital. He lives. Then you continue to look for your own son. Scariest night of my life. We finally find him, passed out on the side of the road. He had fallen off his bicycle - drunk as hell. Learned later that a friend's older sister had given them the booze. But I digress.

Anyway, we get him help. Then we get home. The sun is coming up and the first thing I do is have a drink to "steady my nerves." Then about 10 more. Thank God, he is smarter than me and learned his lesson. Doesn't drink at all. Seriously, after a night like that - I thought having a drink was a good idea. WTH???

Comment

MossRose;1621547 wrote: Anyway, spending a whole drunken night on FB sending out friend requests to everyone I have ever known including current co-workers, along with a personal message explaining "why" we should be friends. SHUDDER.
                      The WORST feeling in the world is waking up the next morning, and slightly remembering that you posted something, but you can't remember what....so you scramble to figure it out. You also check your phone to see who you drunkenly texted at all hours of the night! THAT feeling was worse than any hangover for me. Shame is what finally drove me to quit!
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

looking for peace;1621839 wrote: Just remembered another one ( I love this thread). When you are out to dinner with your husband and are sipping a glass of wine, you excuse yourself to go to the "bathroom", which just happens to be past the bar. You stand at the end of the bar and quickly order a double and down it. Heart pounding the whole time in fear of my husband turning around or worse, having to go past the bar to go to the bathroom and finding me out.

During dinner having to go to the "bathroom" a couple more times. The whole while sipping on my "respectable" 1 or 2 glasses of wine at the table. Coming home, not remembering what I ate for dinner... Passing out, snoring. How romantic!

I was also a pretty big expert at getting doubles during intermissions at the theater. Discreetly trying to rush to get into the line ASAP. The lines could get pretty long and my heart would pound for fear of intermission being over before my turn to order came up. The whole time trying to act totally nonchalant. It's sad how much time and effort I dedicated to planning to drink rather than focusing on the show. So depressing.
                        I liked liquer coffees at the end of a meal.
                        I used the Sinclair Method to beat my alcoholic drinking.

Drank within safe limits for almost 2 years

AF date 22/07/13

Comment

2 blasts from the way past:

You're at your in-law's Christmas party drinking heavily with a few folks you could always count on to drink heavily like you, your brother-in-law gives you a joint for later, your husband stops for gas and you join him by the pumps while trying to light the joint--wait for it--with kids in the car!

You get pulled over by the cops suspecting you of drunk driving, sit in the back of the cop car, recite the alphabet backwards, they let you go, you drive past your house--can't face the hubby--to a bar, drink more and drive home.

Comment

You fall through a glass coffee table,it was a nice one too,i still have the matching end table at least
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You can't post anymore on MWO because you're such a jerk.

Comment

Oh Caper - been there!! Have had to take a few days (weeks) off myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X