No announcement yet.

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you have to take action on a daily basis to ensure your sobriety remains in tact
    AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

When you dread the weekends because you know those are the hardest days to remain sober for you.

Thankfully those days are gone and I enjoy my weekends.
      I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

When you pray for another chance and you get plenty, but keep fucking it up,I don't think we get unlimited chances
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

You have to scrub red wine stains from your closet shelves.

Comment

When its not even 1pm and your craving alcohol.
            I quit drinking on March 8, 2020. Taking it One Day At A Time and no more taking my quit for granted.

Also doing it for me. I got to stay sober for me.

Just consecrate on today and do what you can to remain sober for today and worry about staying sober tomorrow, tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, the craving and pining for alcohol.. and no one you know will drink with you anymore so you have to sneak and hide and gulp down as much as possible before being noticed.
              Not being mentally or emotionally or even physically present for your children..
              Last edited by lifechange; July 12, 2015, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Oh god, the closet shelves Jackie C, I thought that was just me, the ring stains where I have hid many a glass, or way worse, when your kid takes a mug out only to find a small bit of wine in it from a few days back, that I hid, When you have a mickey fit and eat the head off your husband that there is no money left to buy a bottle of wine when in every other aspect of your life you would give him and anyone else your last rolo
                There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

You go around with nips in your bag. You're even ballsy enough to down one in public when someone turns their back.
                  AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

When you drive with an open tall boy in your lap covered by your work apron,sneaking sips at red lights, talk about ballsy and just plain fucking STUPID!

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

That is a lot of names! A tall boy is just slang for a 24 oz can of beer,actually 25 oz now,I guess Budweiser thought people needed that extra ounce haha

Comment

Bump
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Funny you should've done that byrdie, I was looking for this yesterday. Thanks! X

Comment

When your 'clink of shame' sounds like the recycling of Norwich

Comment

Shambles-your avatar is hilarious!! LOVE IT!! That looks exactly like me. Hahahaha. I am not a computer geek so I have to pay people to help me. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                                Shambles-your avatar is hilarious!! LOVE IT!! That looks exactly like me. Hahahaha. I am not a computer geek so I have to pay people to help me. ;-)
                                I second that motion Rusty.

You know that you are an alcoholic when you frequently post and read on MWO for over two 1/2 years (me-lol). :egad:

Comment

Working...
                                X