You know you're an alcoholic when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when you demurely tell your neighbor "no thanks" to a glass of wine and then go home and drink a whole bottle by yourself

Comment

A familiar scenerio, Brittzak.

Recalling Aunt dropping by house early and "it" was already in my system. Thus I pretended I was on a very important call from work for I knew if gossipy Aunt saw my eyes, I was doomed.

As well, the calls into employers for I was not fit.

So sorry for this, for prior to the beasts invasion I was dependable, reliable and nevertheless , able to care beyond my own difficulties.
      :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

...you steal a bottle of vodka intended as a prize for the sales team and hide it under your desk behind your computer's base unit.

Unfortunately I was spotted taking it by one of the sales team and had to give it back.
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

...your boss plonks a gift from a customer (which happens to be a bottle of vodka) down on your desk whilst you're on the phone and you completely lose conversation with the person you're talking too.

Customer: Hello? You still there?
          Me: Droooooooooooooool...
          Customer: Hello???
          Me: Huh? Oh sorry, something distracted me...
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

vlad;359662 wrote:
            Unfortunately I was spotted taking it by one of the sales team and had to give it back.
            Maybe this should have said 'Fortunately I was spotted...'

Comment

When you take booze to work with you to ward the shakes off....

When you drink on the way home from work then eat MANY breathe mints so the kids won't know.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

You tell your EX husbands girlfriend...she is new and i dont know her AT ALL...that she is a fat, bleach blonde, bimbo. OMG! Really regret that one...

Comment

brittzak;359976 wrote: You tell your EX husbands girlfriend...she is new and i dont know her AT ALL...that she is a fat, bleach blonde, bimbo. OMG! Really regret that one...
                  Brittzak,
                  I don't know you well, but I love you for admitting this. You're my hero.

LMAO
                  Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

LOL....you know...I did THINK it sober, but would have NEVER said it outloud had I not gotten drunk. UH!!!! I am NOT a happy drunk. Every evil thought I have ever had comes spilling right out my mouth....it is very embarrassing. What was even WORSe...I didn't remember telling her that...my 14 yr. old daughter told me.

Comment

Oh Gawd...........................
                      Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

I know these are your most embarressing moments but you are all so brave to tell us and some of them have had me hiding behind my computer giggling away whilst my co-workers are trying to work out if I am pissed again!!

Thanks for sharing.
                        "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

You know you are an alcoholic when you start throwing empties through your car window when nobody can see you - and you are a person who hate it when people even chuck so much as a piece of paper out of the car...?
                          make the least of the worst, and the most of the best - everyday.

Comment

...you find a bat in your bra the following morning... sorry, just couldn't resist...

Comment

had so many bruises in my body and when my sister asked what happened I quickly cam up with "I was moving an air conditioner" What? Where did that come from?!!!!
                              Tiny

Comment

...your second-in-command tells your team that you drink like a fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X