Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know you're an alcoholic when...

Seriously, we could write a book. "Adventures in Alcoholism" LOL
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

When I was 18 I left home and went to travel UK with my then b/f. We visited Blackpool and went to check into a hotel and sat in the bar all evening and decided it would be fun to drink from 'left to right'... things were ok cos we drank the beers left to right first, but when we got to the 7 different whiskys section it kind of went a bit wrong..
      I staggered up to the hotel room and my b/f had managed to get himself into the wrong hotel room....cue screaming woman and irate husband..
      We got kicked out and went down to the beach to crash.
      We got woken up by the police cos apparently there was a murder and a body had been found and police were combing the area and discovered us lying there under a drain.
      My b/f got angry and nutted the policeman so he got arrested, and I thumbed down a lift from a guy passing in his car and got a lift to the police station. Once I was there, they asked me why I'd been on the beach and whether I knew the deceased.
      I was so pissed I apparently just asked them where the bar was..
      Needless to say, I had to spend the night there and they let us go in the morning after they'd asked a few more questions.
      ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

That sounds crazy.. Sounds like a CSI episode!!!!!!!!
        MM

Comment

yup.. been through some weird shit in my youth.
          ?I am playing all the right notes... But not necessarily in the right order.....?

Comment

When you wake up in the morning and dread looking at you cell phone so that you can see who you drunk dialed and have no recollection of an hour phone call.

When you fall down the stairs a week before your wedding and have to buy expensive cover up to hide the black eye.

When you told your best friend you want to hook up with her and your not even bisexual.

When you spend your day at work staring at your computer screen so other people think your working.

When you drive to work and you realize you left your poor dogs outdoors in the rain all day because you were probably drunk when you woke up.

When you wake up hating yourself more then anyone else could.
            AF since 2/4/10
            Nicotine free since 3/31/10
            FINALLY FREE

Comment

Hey Shira,
              We've all woke up hating ourselves. I can relate to the bisexual but your not thing. My hub still gives me crap over that. Figure out your plan. Then talk about it.
              MM

Comment

When you are with a new guy and you are trying to look all hot and sexy and you go into his bedroom with him, flop down on the bed and bounce right off the side onto your face.lol Why are all my drunken stories about sex.lol. I was such a slut.

Comment

Sea..sorry but that is classic!!!
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sea.... LOL.!

Comment

...when you ruin sex by throwing up half way through.
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

vlad...on him? lol
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

cymru;421822 wrote: vlad...on him? lol
                          No, I actually made it to the toilet, but it ruined it all the same.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

when you get wasted on Thanksgiving and accuse your grandfather of stealing and hiding your beer

when on 3 first dates in a row you get wasted and wake up naked next to the guy you went out with

when you get up in the middle of the night just to check your call and text log, then end up not going back to sleep cause there are long calls you don't remember. To your boss.

when you pay your tab and you still sit at the bar asking (telling) the bartender to just "top it off"

when you fall asleep during sex

when you cant remember if you had sex

when you think you repeated a secret to someone and you act like Magnum PI to try to figure out what you really said "remember last night when I told you about so and so" and you breathe a sigh of relief when they say "no, what are you talking about"

when you go to bake something and there is a terrible stench coming from the oven and you see the empty 12 pack you hid in there smoldering and filling up the house with smoke

This post was old, but I just had to add to it!!

Comment

You fall off the back of a Harley Davidson on a major thoroughfare, not once, but TWICE.

Comment

You get loaded and decide to invite your boss to a strip club with you

Comment

Working...
                                X