what drive me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what drive me

i have been ask what is my secret .. and to try to answer that question its hard to decribe just because what has happen in the past and that bring alot of thought out..so yeah my past has alot to do with the way i am now ..and what i can say is that i have learn . to deal with the pain the sorrow of what i have done to myself .. yes myself . no one else did it to me and yes at first i didnt have any support to lean on .so from there i had to come up with a way to surive and that meant to believe in myself and to find confidence in myself to want to change .to change my habits .to read and take what i need and leave the rest..to learn that there is a better way then drinking my problems away. to face things head on ..to accept the fact that things arent always going to go my way and as long as i do my best to control what i do and say and think
    so this is what works for me
    i know i am a better person with out al
    i know i can have a great time without al in the picture
    i know i can love myself and be love
    i know i can live without al
    i know i have a long way to go but am getting there sober
    i know i love life again
    i know there is a god and i thank god for my gf , family and friends
    and thank you mwo for all the support
    peace , love and god bless
    and there is one more thing .
    just give you best and just just do it
    :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
    best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

what drive me

You're cool Babycakes! :h
    Noelle sez "Do want you like, like what you do. Life is Good."

Comment

what drive me

Thank you for sharing this with all of us. Sometimes we are looking for a "magic pill" to take away all of the pain that AL brings into our life. You have reminded us all that it is within orselves to beat this. It will never be easy but it is doable. Thank you.

Comment

what drive me

Hi T
        Very helpful hearing from someone further down the road than myself.In the beginning of going AF i was only concerned with stooping.Now I want to reconnect with myself and find the person I used to be.I want to deal with the reasons I used alcohol to cope.
        Thank you for the insight
        Stay Healthy and keep fighting
        Stay Healthy and Keep Fighting
        AF 5-16-08

Comment

what drive me

T,

Great words for a sober Sunday morning! And I agree, it is the work we start doing on and for ourselves after we quit that is the journey! Thanks for the morning inspiration.

Guy
          "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

what drive me

" YOU THA' MAN TRIGS....IAD! HA!
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

what drive me

Thank you Tlrgs, I needed that just now.

Lx
              Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

what drive me

Tlrgs,

Great post. Gabby.
                Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

what drive me

Roger,

Awesome post.

It is within all of us and WE CAN DO IT!!!

I am with you.

Love,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

what drive me

Trigs...my kids keep me going !!! IAD!
                    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

what drive me

what drive me... part 2

thank you it good to see so many doing good ..
                      and there is a few more things i would like to add to this ..
                      i have read in some post here that they dont know what rock bottom is or cant find a way to get sober .
                      well you should be proud that you are trying to help yourself and that you havent hit rock bottom..
                      and you need to realize what you have around you and grab it hold on to it . and start to realize what you are doing to your body and mind by drinking .. even if you think you have it so good and things seem to be right or if you feel that you have to drink just to get along with other that are drinking and you are feeling let out . you have to remember and you may not even notice what you are doing to your family and friends by your drinking but take a second out of everyday just to realize it is all possible ..

to be contionue

Comment

what drive me

I'll be waiting.... (for the next installment)

Comment

what drive me

what drive me... part 3

where was i .. yes its all possible and the thing is.. when it all come down to it .. it all starts with you..
                          you have to look deep within yourself.. to find the strenght to do what you need to do for yourself .. for everyone is different and as you go thur the days of being sober.. yes your mind can play tricks on you .. but you have to be ready and prepair for everything that will come to you ,anger , sadness . disapointment,lonelyness and there are more .. but these things can work for you or against if you let them control you.and if you use them in a possitive way..you can learn alot about yourself .and learn ways to change yourself.. and i know there is more to everyones story and things dont always go right ..but when you make that first step and admit that you have a problem and you want to try.. it all comes down to you ..sure its not easy but it is possible and you have the power with in yourself to do what you need to do.. just believe in yourself

peace , love and god bless
                          everyone

Comment

what drive me

would love to here what drive you to stay sober and whats pushing you to quit ..

Comment

what drive me

great thread roger!

tlrgs;355840 wrote: would love to here what drive you to stay sober ..

Many things...not just one. I have quite a list... and when combined, they make my sobriety quit solid & strong.

I stay quit for myself. I like myself so much better as a sober person. Problems don't disappear when you quit drinking, but facing them head on with a sober mind, makes them much easier to deal with. By staying sober I show respect for myself. I have become a better & stronger person as a result of getting sober & smoke-free.

This is my first quit. ....and my only quit.
                              I will not make a mark on this clean slate.

I made a promise to never drink again to a very special friend.
                              I will never break that promise. My quit is dedicated in their memory.

Not only do I find inspiration in my own accomplishments... I am an inspiration to others
                              that follow along the same path. In a way, I feel a responsibility to never let these people down. I am willing to do whatever it takes to stay sober in my own life, to show others that they too can do this.

These are but a few of my reasons...
                              and everyday I add one more
                              AF 6 years
                              NF 7 years

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one single step

Comment

Working...
                              X