Love your liver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love your liver

I noticed folks talking about lemon in water (which reminds me I'm supposed to consume the juice of one in water during the course of the day), and milk thistle. I haven't seen anyone mention shizandra berry extract. It is supposed to be very good to help rebuild your liver but is not to be taken if you are still drinking. I read about it on Dr. Wiel's website. Tastes horrid. Just thought I'd throw that tidbit out there.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Love your liver

Well, AL actually tastes horrid too. Of course, after a few you no longer taste it really!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Love your liver

Never heard of it. Where do you get it?

Comment

Love your liver

Health food store. It's an extract. Little brown botle with dropper type of thing. You mis a dropper of it in a little water and swirl it around in your mouth and swallow it. Actually I use a more than a little water because i consider the taste so vile. But if it helps my poor liver I'll do it. Sometimes if a store doesn't have what I want, I have them special order for me.
        sigpic

Comment

Love your liver

No I'd never heard of it either, do you notice any improvement ie do you feel 'cleansed' or different in any way?

Lx
          Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Love your liver

No, just a bitter taste. :H
            sigpic

Comment

Love your liver

Tea, I dont think it happens that fast!

Comment

Love your liver

You can make lemonade with real lemons and sweeten it with stevia, a very sweet herb. I bet that is good for the liver.
                Anyways, it is yummy.
                Lila

Comment

Love your liver

Stevia comes in many flavors too...

Comment

Love your liver

really? what flavors? All I have ever seen is the green kind, and the white kind, that I buy.

Comment

Love your liver

I think my liver worries me the most about this too much alcohol thing. I worry about my health, but don't do too much about it. I take supplements, eat really well, exercise daily, but I still drink. It's almost hypocritical. Without the element of alcohol, I would be really, really healthy! What's wrong with me?

Comment

Love your liver

same

I am the same way, I work out avidly, eat really healthily and feel I look good, except on my insides I am probably rotting away from AL..................can't stand it any more!!!:upset:

MA
                        :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

Comment

Love your liver

cowgal,
                          I think every morning will be my last morning feeling horrible. But by the time 6:00 pm comes, all resolve is gone. I worry how pickled I am inside. That's why I feel like a hypocrite, preaching good eating and exercise to my family. I do that, but there's this other poison entering my system that zaps the benefits of living a healthy lifestyle. Normally a person with much resolve and willpower, I feel helpless over this aspect of my life. My two adult children do not abuse alcohol, thankfully and I doubt they will. They see it for what it is and enjoy it only in moderation. I'm happy for them. I've also warned them too, my parents never did that for me because they didn't see their drinking as a problem. But it was and I wish I'd recognized that.

Comment

Working...
                          X