Physical detox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Physical detox

I seem to notice posts about how AF feels so good, etc. but I'm not feeling that. Today is 2 weeks - am I being impatient? I had to get up in misery last night and take asprin. Dull headache. muscles aching, joints aching, some swelling in extremeties. Flu-like symptoms. they are especially bad at night and usually one particular area (which varies) is targeted. Last night it was my right knee and hip. Now that I'm up and around it's better but the nights are a drag. Some insomnia, but I think it may be due to the misery. No more sweating. Did anyone else have these symptoms? Bestlifedms said they lasted a lng time and giglet said it was physical detox, but geez am I just a whiner or one of the few that drank their arse off and now it takes a while to get rid of that magnitude of toxins.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Physical detox

My detox is alway emotional, not physical. Maybe you are so used to going to bed numb that you don't know what your body feels like anymore. We're not spring chickens anymore
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Physical detox

Green,

Sorry you are going through such a rough time. I went through the typical insomnia, night sweats (to the extreme), and the general "out-of-it" feeling. However, I never had any physical pain. Is it possible, just a guess, that maybe the toxins settled in your joints? I don't even know if that is possible. Maybe you should take some type of pm medication to help you sleep and with the pain. Or dose up on aspirin before bed and take a Gaba or something like that. Hopefully it will pass soon. All the best to you, Gabby.
      Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Comment

Physical detox

i felt physical detox up to 3 months, and the sleeping is just starting to get normal. (8) months later. Green, i felt like total sh*t for the first 90 days. Emotions were like a roller coaster. That 90 day mark was tough for me, i thought i could just go out and have some, i am so glad i did not. Each day you will feel a new pain of sorts..:l

Comment

Physical detox

Greenie,

I hope you feel better, soon. :l

I am not sure if it is detox or not. Are you following the recommended diet?

Two weeks AF is awesome, though.

If it is detox, it will get better.

Love ya,
          Cindi
          AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Physical detox

My emotions are all over the place. The only time I feel stable/happy is when I exercise- hard - so I do it 2-3x per day, even it is only for 20 min. I just jump on the treadmill .

It certainly helps with sleep, as does Calm Forte. I take 3 at 9 PM and am so calm by 10 that I can sleep. Not the best quality but OK and I'll take it after so many years of AL disturbed sleep. I also think age and detoxing is a factor, I know i was numb from AL at night so who knows what aches and pains I should be feeling, really.

Good luck I hope it settles down soon.

FH

Comment

Physical detox

Greenie, HUGE congrats on 2 weeks AF!! I can't say for sure what's going on either, but I'll share my own experience for whatever it's worth.

Insomnia is REALLY bad for me. As a daily drinker, I'm sure my non-sober sleep was "passed out" for several hours then insomnia - and also "time of life" night sweats. AF, I just have more insomnia that I recognize and remember as there is no more being passed out. I believe some of this is related to AL, but I think a lot of it is related to the hormone stuff - details in the Holistic section so I wont' repeat it all here.

I also have some joint issues - especially one bad hip that no amount of exercise or joint type suppelments is going to completely fix. I believe I felt the pain a lot more initially AF, once again because I wan't numbing myself. I really don't think the actual pain became worse - I was just more aware of it.

There are other aches and pains that have actually gone away since going AF, and getting into a more rigorous fitness program. Up until recently I had to wear an elastic type bandage on one knee and now that knee is virually pain free. Last summer before I went 60 days AF the first go round, I had a foot then felt like it was cracked, and severe swelling of that same ankle. No more.

I'm really wondering if some of your feelings of increased pain are more about unmasking the pain without "AL" as a "pain medication??"

In any case, AL certainly doesn't help things, and I hope you get to feeling better soon!

I can also say that when I sound excited to be AF, that doesn't mean I think it's easy breezy. It's still hard, and AL still calls my name. I have to sometimes take aspirin at night for that hip since I'm not passed out oblivious from AL. But overall, there is no comparison in the quality of life with and without AL. By emphasizing the positives of AF, I hope to remember all of the positives day in and day out.

Best wishes to you Greenie!! Hope you figure out the answers to your questions.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
              Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Physical detox

Greenie,

I felt like crap for a long time. At least 6 weeks! And every now and again I will go through a few days of additional detox. While "DETOX" as a result of dietary body change may be a good thing. The physical symptoms are very unpleasant. The body is cleaning house and expelling these toxins. The only way the body has to rid itself of them is through our various excretory systems: As TOXINS, these excrements are extremely "toxic" to tissue! Consequently you can experience some or all of the following:

Bowels - either constipated or loose
                Sinuses - congestion or runny nose
                Digestion - loss of appetite, nausea or vomiting
                Headache - due to inflamation of tissue
                Joint pain - "
                Increased Sweating - Unusual odor
                Foul taste in your mouth
                Excessive tiredness
                Increased urine - change in color or smell
                Dizziness

There can be symptoms in addition to the above. Remember to intake increased amounts of water. This will dilute the toxic effect of the toxins on tissues as it they are being eliminated. A dr. friend of mine always said, with regard to detox/dietary body change, "The solution to polution is dilution, WATER, WATER, WATER!"

It may be "UNFUN" but what you are experiencing is a good thing! It will get better!

Hugs, Best
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Physical detox

I quit smoking and cut way down on my beer habit at the same time around the end of February. I had a lot of the symptoms best describes. I tried a lot of different things to rid my body of the toxins--detox teas, colon cleansing formulas, etc. I was having nagging headaches (sinus) so I went to my chiropractor who treated my sinuses and neck with acupuncture, cold laser, and manipulation. I had zero energy.
                  On June 1,I decided to go AF, and I'm finally feeling much better. I thought it would take forever. I guess everyone is different, but that was my experience. You will feel better, try to be patient.:h
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Working...
                  X