The Wheepies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wheepies

I am not really sad, but I am crying at the drop of a hat. It is like all my senses are magnified. I am day 11 AF. I have been AF before and don't remember this. I am not crying over anything major...commericals on TV for goodness sake. I do not feel sad just very sympathetic to every thing around me. Anyone else have this?
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

The Wheepies

Maybe it's just that we can finally FEEL our feelings, after dulling them for so many years... maybe~
    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The Wheepies

brittzak;355733 wrote: I am not really sad, but I am crying at the drop of a hat. It is like all my senses are magnified. I am day 11 AF. I have been AF before and don't remember this. I am not crying over anything major...commericals on TV for goodness sake. I do not feel sad just very sympathetic to every thing around me. Anyone else have this?
      I'm like this all the time no matter what.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

The Wheepies

Yes, absolutely. I was very much like that in the second week, overidentifying with every sad/emotional story. My reactions seemed magnified. Other people have reported similar reactions going through their 30 days. For me it started to calm down in the third week. Just hang in there and keep crying, it will pass

Comment

The Wheepies

Yeah you women don't own the sole rights on this one I'm afraid LUV!! Emotions that have been kept hidden for so long come streaming back to the surface after being sober for some time. I'm quite a sensitive little hippie anyway and I'm quite open with my feelings and emotions!!. But after a while being sober I couldn't control any of em. My head was literally battered with 'pure' emotions. As you say they don't have to be set off by anything in particular like watching a sad movie or watching the news etc; they're just there all around you and playing games with you until they're ready to go to bed!!.

Being sober does make things that much purer I think (especially love!) and it does take a bit of time getting used to things, especially if your as sensitive as I am!!

Just go with the flow LUV your only being human after all!

Love and Happiness
          Hippie
          xx
          "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
          Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

The Wheepies

yes i found myself more in touch with self because i was no longer consumed with thinking about alcohol. so there fore there i was feeling.... no place to turn it off. and luv bug... the first month i found it was the habits not so much cravings but habits and drinking dreams that scared me. i didn't have crave but i had to reprogram my new me to catch up to what just happened to me... kind of all parts of me catching up to myself. it took me a month to get comfortable in those shoes. i am laughing now girl i wouldn't even allow myself to go to places or events afraid i'd crave but honestly i wouldn't have it would be the same just catching up to myself.. new choices to chose from.. then it gets much much easier.....
            :welcome:

Comment

The Wheepies

kind of all parts of me catching up to myself
              . Nicely put Boots!
              "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
              Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

The Wheepies

I'm like this a lot. I can't watch the news. I'm sure some of it is all the tears we didn't cry when we drank so we wouldn't cry, if that makes sense. But glad you are not feeling sad.

Comment

The Wheepies

I also had remorse, guilt, grief come over me like a tsunami - for having wasted so many years of my and my families life, seeped in the effects of alcohol. Regret - sorrow - bawled my face off! Still makes me sick to my stomach and am dealing with being angry with myself. At least my anger is appropriately placed, finally!
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The Wheepies

I watched the movie "Waitress" last night and I started crying and I don't even remember what part I was crying about. It really wasn't a crying movie. I even cried during the "Sex In the City" movie.
                    I'm a real crybaby.

Now, I'm going to make Hippie cry because I thought he was a she. Sorry... I haven't been on here for a while.

Comment

The Wheepies

yes i have found myself that way to for awhile there and just like boots said kind of all parts of me catching up to myself
                      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

The Wheepies

I am crying! :upset: And embarassed too! :blush: I thought Hippie was a she! :no: But she is a he! :wow: I can't believe it! You're pretty cool for a guy! LOL!

Comment

The Wheepies

Really?? I'm not the only one? You are just not trying to make me feel good Best are you?
                          Has Hippie picked himself up off the floor yet?

Comment

The Wheepies

oh poor hippie his manhood has taken a chink? lmao......... hippy is not only a guy, he is quite the handsome lad.... oh yes he is lassies. and deep and sensitive well and so is tlrgs. which i personally love to mess with those acronyms all day long........ so yes all pieces and particals catching up to ourselves. and breathing in and breathing out instead of consuming something to stop that process. and then baring witness to what is present and then also for me the sadness the first month was remorse for all the wasted years of drinking. i mean when i no longer had any urge is was like what the hell was i thinking. how much time did i waste what have i done? and you know am moving into forgiveness and still feel that loss cuz it's gone. there is no going back it is over that hill which by the way kids is 6 months for me a few days ago. so i just am witness to all these moods coming up... and tears flow and then they will stop and i'm able to be honest about things as in speak about them not manipulate them or see them falsely because i'm hazed over..
                            :welcome:

Comment

The Wheepies

I love what you said bootsie, and what are you on? I want some of it!
                              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                              X