• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cannot do it!

?
    :rays:My happiness is my greatest gift to others:rays:eace:

cannot do it!

HI cowgirl- I'm so sorry you are feeling so miserable this morning - esp with so much on your plate today. Just wanted to give you a little encouragement. Take a deep breath and do one thing at a time. Get a good shower. This day will be over at some point - no stopping that. And you can get thru it. You can do it.
    Lisa

Comment

cannot do it!

MA,

You are not a loser. You are struggling like we all have. Doing things that we know we shouldn't do and then having to deal with the consequences. Today you will just have to get by as well as you can. As for Lenair-it does seem to work so why not give it a try? I am a "whatever it takes" person. For some that is lenair.

As for Mike, you need to be in a more supportive environment. I think you already know that.This is about you - so put yourself first.

I wish you the best,
      Beck
      Beck

Sometimes you get there in spite of your route, losing track of your life and what it's about, the road seems to know when to straighten right out...Mary Chapin Carpenter

Comment

cannot do it!

Oh, Cowgal,
        I feel like a failure too. Maybe Lenair will work for you. It is probably not even a lot of money in the whole sceme of things. According to some articles in the Research section, AA REALLY doesn't work, statistically.
        Please take care and don't be mean to yourself.
        Lila

Comment

cannot do it!

Oh honey! Boy, I know! I'm puttin' my arm around ya! I'm so sorry! Deep breath! I'm beaming you positive energy, right this instant! There! Did ya feel that?

I finally just had to give it up! Like my quote says, "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!"

Hugs, Best
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

cannot do it!

Aw honey, don't have any major words of wisdom - if I knew how I wouldn't be here either. I've just returned from yet another 'failure'. But all I can say is, is that I do know how hard it is! A step back and fresh perspective can help - if Lenair is this for you then maybe it will help?

Take care & good luck
            xxx
            The mind is in its own place, and in itself
            Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

cannot do it!

thanks

?

Comment

cannot do it!

Hi Cowgal

Ok, so you are having all these thoughts of failure, disaster anxiety. These are probably just symptomatic of the hangover, they are not real. You can do this as many others have. You are just overwhelmed with negativity and anxiety right now because of the alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant though we use it to make us feel better.

So keep telling yourself when you get negative thoughts that this is going to pass, probably will feel better tomorrow or the next day. Don't get all caught up in the anxiety and don't have a hair-of-the-dog drink. For today, don't think about or try to sort out your marital problems. You are not in the right space for that.

I am glad you have a nice sponsor at AA. That's very good to hear. But like this program, I am sure AA is mainly driven by the person in the program not just the program itself.
                You may not have been ready to give up alcohol. Have you accepted that you need to give it up or are you still clinging to it?

Have you thought about taking a medication if Lenair is too expensive?

Sit tight for today and tell yourself that you are going to feel better.

Nancy

Comment

cannot do it!

Mary Anne
                  I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. You are not a failure. A failure would not be here, or going to AA, or counseling. A failure would have given up.
                  I know you have had some really hard times lately. I wish I had those magic words to take away your pain and to make you feel better. I don't.
                  I don't know if Lenair is the answer for you, but i can tell you that you must continue to fight this. You can not give up. You need to do whatever it takes and then some. I too have been dealing with an irresponsible husband. The added burden of all the family responsibility and the work responsibility can be overwhelming. Please be kind to yourself today.
                  I am here for you and I know many others are too. Remeber you will never be a failure as long as you keep fighting this.
                  You will be in my thoughts and prayers today.
                  Patti

Comment

cannot do it!

I am sending positve, healing thoughts your way. Nancy is right - when you have a killer hangover, the "all or nothing" thinking is at an all time high. Drink lots of water and get yourself if a good place before making any decisions. I am sorry that you don't have the support you need at home - perhaps he does not understand your pain (it seems maybe that he has some issue "he liked the fact that you were up all night partying"?" but that is not my business, so I apologise if I spoke out of turn. I can hear that you know what you need to do - you just need to do it If Lenair is not an option, go to the doctor and get something to help you. I know you can do this and we are here to help you.
                    "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

cannot do it!

That's right you will never be a failure if you keep fighting. Thsi is no easy battle nad this really just the alcohol talking - i feel quite sh*t myself after my weekend 'party', but i've decided again today to try and i won't stop trying so please don't stop trying other. Do whatever it takes and you ahve my/our full-pledged and full-fledged support. i really feel for you, but do not make yourself believe you can't because you can - the fact that you are here with us means you are on your way to doing it! Good luck, and for today just focus on getting through - i know what it's liek to be p*ssed at work too! It's not your fault just use and get all the help you can.
                      We love you no matter what we know you are nor bad!!!! And we love and support you even more because we know you can do this because it can be done!
                      XXXX

Comment

cannot do it!

nancy;356034 wrote: Hi Cowgal

Ok, so you are having all these thoughts of failure, disaster anxiety. These are probably just symptomatic of the hangover, they are not real. You can do this as many others have. You are just overwhelmed with negativity and anxiety right now because of the alcohol. Alcohol is a depressant though we use it to make us feel better.

So keep telling yourself when you get negative thoughts that this is going to pass, probably will feel better tomorrow or the next day. Don't get all caught up in the anxiety and don't have a hair-of-the-dog drink. For today, don't think about or try to sort out your marital problems. You are not in the right space for that.

I am glad you have a nice sponsor at AA. That's very good to hear. But like this program, I am sure AA is mainly driven by the person in the program not just the program itself.
                        You may not have been ready to give up alcohol. Have you accepted that you need to give it up or are you still clinging to it?

Have you thought about taking a medication if Lenair is too expensive?

Sit tight for today and tell yourself that you are going to feel better.

Nancy
                        I've quoted Nancy so you'll read it AGAIN....... and AGAIN if need be Mary Anne. Nancy has always offered me constructive and intelligent advice in the past and this is definitely one of those times when I agree 100% with Nancy. (like there's any other time I don't agree!!).

Get yourself through this day hun and don't worry about the rest for now.

Love and Happiness as always:l:l
                        Hippie
                        xxxx
                        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

cannot do it!

???

?

Comment

cannot do it!

YOU CAN DO IT ! IAD!
                            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
                            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

cannot do it!

When you finish work, be sweet to yourself!!! To hell with supper, order pizza, pick up chicken, let em eat cheese sandwiches! Pamper yourself! Warm water with lemon. Hot soakey bubble bath! Powder, body spray, good movie. Soft robe!

Hugs, Best
                              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Working...
                              X