Happy Canada Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Canada Day!

Have a good one, all you fellow Canucks and ex Pats, and Canadians at heart!

July 1st marks not only my country's 141th Birthday, but also the beginning of a new month of challenges! I reflected on my 'stats' for last month and gave myself a good pat on the back. I did 11 days AF, and about another 1/2 dozen days where I had only 3 or less beverages! After beating myself up and some self loathing, because I could not go ABS, which is my dream some day when the dust settles a little, I can not help to think that for half the month I was pretty sober!!! In fact, I think I was only really 'tipsy' twice... and albeit 5-7 drinks sounds like alot- for me, which seems to be my 'magic number' it barely buzzes.

My goal this month is 12 days AF, 8 days with 3 or less beverages.... and possibly a day or two to let 'er rip, as I will be on holidays, and to say I am not going to the latter at this point would only be dissappointing in the end.

So here's to a month of attainable goals, accomplishments, celebrations, families, friends, safe journeys and discovery!

Cheers,

Skoots
    "I have not failed - I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work"- Thomas A Edison

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day to you all, from the sunny South Coast of the UK.

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Hey! HAPPY CANADA DAY!!

I was thinking about starting a thread - thanks Scootie!

We are going to go out tonight and see the fireworks - and it is such a beeeeautiful day!

Have a good one Canadians! Strong, proud and free!

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

HAPPY CANADA DAY!

Even in my small community, we have been having festivities of all sorts since Friday! The weather has been beyond stunning, today being no different.
        I hope you all have an amazing day!
        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!! I am very proud of my Canadian Roots!! Celebrate!!

Keeta, so happy that you are having a good day and festivities to celebrate! Hugs to you!

XX Kate
          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

And from me too!!! I have hung my lovely Canadian flag (don't think I am meant to call it that am I or is it not the Maple leaf.....eeeek!?!!) that a very good friend gave me, up in my hallway in honour (ok! honor!) of you all ......Happy Canada Day everyone! (Or whatever the right greeting is!)

Love FMS xx
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

am not canadian but hey happy canada day everyone
              :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
              best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Have a great day, my Canadian friends!

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

I wish I was at our cabin in Canada right now. They do a great fireworks show (is that the one you will see AFM? At Harrison?).

Your goals sounds awesome Skoots! Happy Canada Day!
                  I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

No not on the mainland. I am in Victoria now.... I will be watching them from Fort Rodd Hill tonight.

They have some at the Inner Harbour too, but nope - too busy for my liking. ;-)

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day Canadians!
                      - Sheep ( of French Canadian heritage... quebecois sheep ancestors...)

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day all - am heading out for the fireworks.
                        *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day!! (Formerly known as Cherbear44). Changed my user name to avoid confusion with 2 cherbears.

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Canada Day from the Middle of the Prairies!!!
                            Gorgeous Day here today - will go watch the fireworks tonight too!!
                            Day 31AF and feeling fine!!
                            Peanut

Comment

Happy Canada Day!

Late to the party, but Belated Happy Canada Day! We hung three flags from each end and in the middle of our balcony today - it looked very patriotic! Went over to my folks place tonight, their condo balcony is like a front row seat for the fireworks, they were awesome!
                              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Working...
                              X