Starting Over Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting Over Again

Well, I've been visiting this website for the past three years. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get a grip on my drinking. I'm a wine drinker and can easily finish off a bottle of wine 6 times a week. I didn't realize how desperate my situation was becoming until conversations/arguments that I have been having lately with my hubby (who I love dearly). I'm ruining everything that is good in my life and it is time to start over once again with the My Way Out plan. I reread the book, pulled out all of the supplements which I had previously ordered, and started taking the supps and the topamax again tonight. Say a prayer for me! I am going to give this 110 percent of my energy. I talked with my husband and am waiting to hear back from my best friend. I want both of them to be well aware of what my game plan is. I'm going to begin with NO DRINKING ALONE. I'm going to reach out to my husband and my friend and to the wonderful people here when I am having a low moment. I need to live a better, happier life than the one I have been living these last several years. I wasn't always a daily drinker--It kinda sneaks up on you...Now I want things in my life to be very different. So here I go again...

Julie

Starting Over Again

Hi Julie
    Glad to have you
    I'm still newish- and have really found encouragement here.
    Take care
    =Sheep

Comment

Starting Over Again

Hi Julie, welcome back. I've been here 7 mos and have found out how easily "IT" sneaks up on you. I am visiting with my mother for three weeks, and this is what we have in common (the drinking). It's amazing how easy it is to fall back into old habits. Once I leave, and get back home I feel I'll have a chance to stop drinking again. I don't know why I can't stand up to her but that is whole other issue (another forum?). Good luck and I'll be coming around to this site more often, again. "So here I go again..." too
      sigpic

Comment

Starting Over Again

Welcome back Julie. There is plenty of advice here to help.

Comment

Starting Over Again

Hi Julie.

I'm here too.

Helen

Comment

Starting Over Again

welcome Julie :l
            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
            - George Jackson

Comment

Starting Over Again

Hi Julie - good luck to you fellow Wisconsinite! I'm on day 13 and feel 1000 percent better already. It's not easy - but so far well worth it! The puffyness in my face is gone and my eyes are brighter as is my mood. Stick with it - you are worth it! :goodjob:

Comment

Starting Over Again

Hi Julie, wine was my failing too

I wish you every strength to get through this, best wishes

Comment

Starting Over Again

Welcome Julie,

I too, have had the very sneaky wine bug up on my ass and have realized that I need to become more aware that it's not just me that get's drunk. When I get drunk, metaphorically, my family get's drunk too. Drunk up by all the time I don't spend with them. Drunk up by me not being a mom to my kids. Drunk up by me not being a better wife to my very deserving mate.

DRUNK.

It stinks.

PM me anytime. Let's all kick Al to the curb.

Sun
                  Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Starting Over Again

Thanks for the support everyone. I took my supplements this morning and am feeling very optimiistic about Day 2 AF.

Julie

Comment

Working...
                    X