Northern California fires update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Blue skies, nothing but blue skies do I see..." I'm sick and tired of this fire subject, so here is last posting. It's not over, only 40% contained, 40,000 acres burned, 2 homes lost, 15 injuries and unknown number of people with breathing problems (me among them) but the skies cleared last evening. I'm grateful for the benign weather (no winds like Big Sur area) and for all of the people that volunteered. Finally, 2 days ago, we got 80 professional firefighters plus planes and equipment. Whoever lives southeast of the fire must still be engulfed in smoke. Thanks to everyone that sent me their concerns. Today, I'll start the massive, 10 years overdue, "Spring" house cleaning and start putting pictures back on the walls and books back on the shelves. I already have boxes of stuff to give away lining up. I guess that's my silver lining! :h:h:h g

I am glad you are ok gelgit, I know what it is like to have these fires at your doorstep. We are getting rain now everyday and even though it is threatening our fireworks show, I don't think people mind because drought is so much worse. You are safe and that is what counts!! It is good to clear stuff out too, now that you see what is important and what is not. Much :h Suz
    The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness.

Comment

It's Bad out thier !!!
      ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
      those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
      Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD I WANT YOUR FIRE PICTURE!! I need it....how can I get it???
        Janie and Suz: thanks. I drove south today, for the first time since the fires started and was blown away to see a huge tent city, with EVERYTHING...helio landing, giant earth movers hundreds of fire trucks....lines of porta potties. I had no idea this was all happening just 20 miles away. Still smikey to the south, and, of course, Big Sur and further South. Fire, floods, famine and earthquakes what next ???

xx g.

Comment

Dear G hope you are ok love always Cap

Comment

Gelgit, I'm glad to hear that things are getting better at least in your area. That must have been a surprise to find such a "command center" of sorts that close to your home without you knowing it was there!

To get a copy of IAD's fire:

1. Use the mouse to put the cursor over the fire picture.
            2. Right click which brings up a menu.
            3. Select "Save picture as.."
            4. Select your local folder and file name for the picture.

Now you know the secret to stealing all kinds of cool stuff around here!!

DG
            :award: + ****************
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
            X