Math Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Math Question

I never could work with fractions. Grrrrr. In fact, I dropped out of second semester math my freshman year and was destined for a BA instead of a BS, dashing my interest in marine biology.

How much is 1/16 of a Tablespoon?

UK people, ont Tablespoon = 9 grams, but you have to translate it back to a fraction of a teaspoon because I don't know how to measure in grams. One Tablespoon = 3 teaspoons.

Is it maybe 1/8 teaspoon and another half of 1/8 teaspoon?

Thanks.
    sigpic
    Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Math Question

a pinch!!

Comment

Math Question

A big one or a little one? :H I'm not cooking. Im' working on paleogreens. I think they made me sick today and I have to start out with 1/16 of a Tablespoon and work my way up. Is it maybe 1/8 of a tsp plus 1/2 of 1/8 teaspoon?

My OCD is alive and well today.
      sigpic

Comment

Math Question

Geen, what ingredent do you need that's 1/16 of tablespoon ? (Nitro Gleseron ! Ha! ) LOL !
        ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
        those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
        Dr. Seuss

Comment

Math Question

OMG!! It took me 3 days to find out how many eggs are in a commerical container of ready to cook scramble mix that weighed 30 pounds. And now this!
          Well, 3 t. = 1T=1/2 oz. So, 1/16 of 1/2 oz is .5 divided by .06 = nay, that doesn't work......try 1/2 divided by 1/16= @#$%^&*() I don't remember how to do it !! Sorry.

Comment

Math Question

I would say about 1/8 tsp too - or you could say 1 Tbsp is equal to 15mL (metric) sop 1/16 of that would be just about 1mL. A very small amount!!!
            As for 1 Tbsp being 9g, I suppose that would depend on the substance you are measuring??
            peanut

Comment

Math Question

BTW - what are paleogreens???

Comment

Math Question

Hi Peanut, maybe they are something you could add to spice up a salad dressing! Maybe they are part of Greenie's new diet.

Comment

Math Question

It's a powder made from greens. Like spirulina. I guess. You mix one tablespoon with water and drink it. I did that today for the first time. Something made me sick and I think that was it so I was told to start with 1/16 Tablespoon and work up from there.

Gelgit, see!? I even tried tally marks. I just couldn't get anywhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Math Question

1/16 is one half of 1/8 tablespoon.... They don't make em that small but you can eyeball it..

OR

I could just not write stupid stuff like the above... Lets see...
                    For rounding sake that would mean there ar 5/16 in each teaspoon and a teaspoon can be broken down into 1/2 teaspoon which would be 2.5/16 and 1/4 teaspoon which would be 1.75/16 and 1/8 teaspoon which would be .83/16 (mixing my math I know) So call it 1/8 of a teaspoon to make up for the fact that we rounded down to 15 to divide by 3 teaspoons at the beginning.

I have too much time on my hands.

Comment

Math Question

Greenie,
                      1 tbls. is a volume measurement and unless you tell me how much (whatever is in it) weighs I cannot tell you. 1 tablespoon is .50 fluid oz. or 14.79 ml. Wouldn't that make .03 fluid oz. for 1/16 or .46 ml.
                      Hope that helps. Pinch sounds good to me.
                      Lori
                      *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Math Question

Greenie, you were right in the 1st place, I think. Why the heck didn't we go to the metric system back in the 60s when there was the big debate about it? I was young enough to learn it then! Let's see, 1 tbsp = 3 tsp x 8 = 24 of the tiny 1/8 tspfuls divided by 16 = 1.5 1/8tspfuls. Good luck!

Comment

Math Question

I will stick to counting my own kind.....

Comment

Math Question

You are also right sheep, but most people here have only the following measuring spoons:
                            1 TBSP, 1/2 TBSP, teaspoon, 1/2, 1/4 and 1/8 tsp. So no 1/8 tbsp. It is all very confusing.
                            Count your own kind of what?

Comment

Math Question

louise;358015 wrote:
                              Count your own kind of what?
                              -Sheep....

Comment

Working...
                              X