Giardia and Metronidazole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was diagnosed with Giardia today and given this Metronidazole for treatment. The dr and pharmacist says it is every bit as powerful as antabuse. It goes without saying that I can't drink, use mouthwash, etc.

Any other areas where alcohol can be hidden that antabuse users know of?

Thanks.
    Enlightened by MWO

Some say vinegar in salad dressings. I don't seem to react to it while on Antabuse but everyone is different.

Others say perfume, hairspray, etc.

Good Luck, I've taken it years ago and don't recall that but perhaps I wasn't drinking.

Love,
    Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Some herbal tinctures and extracts have an alcohol base but you can put them in steaming water then let it cool and the alcohol evaporates.
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

SK, foods....if the al is not cooked out, it will make you sick. Alot of Italian food has AL in it. Alot of cold meds overthecounter also has AL in it. Perfume is ok if you spray on your clothes...not your body.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

HI SK,
          My hubby has taken metronidazole a few times for diverticulitis, and he didn't have any problems with any deodorant, etc. But he didn't go near any alcohol--thats for sure!!
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Hi SK, I have never heard of Giardia, what is it? I can't think of any other foods to avoid apart from the obvious - Ready made meals which may have alcohol in them, take aways, restaurant foods. You know about mouthwashes, some deoderants. Will be interesting to read more responses as alcohol will be in so many things that we don't even think about. Wishing you all the very best.

Lx
            Rather die standing, than live on my knees, begging Please..... No More.......

Comment

Hillary, hope you are ok dear. I've never had giardia that I know of.

before wearing deodorant you might want to do a small test spot like on your arm for example.

hope you feel better soon!
              nosce te ipsum
              (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
              X