Relationships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Relationships

Hey Capt, wishing you all the best in this!! It's tough. I love my husband dearly........but there is something missing / lost at the moment. Struggling to reconnect. Working hard at respecting each other and not falling into a negative cycle of communication that can so easily become a pattern - for us anyway. Our 12th wedding anniversary next week - always gives me the heeby geebies, don't know why?! We went through a really tough time a couple of years back and thought that 'this is it', but we persevered!! Bloody hard work, but looking at how much we would both loose if we just gave up put things in perspective. And for the kids.

Is it just a case of accepting a more mature love?

Take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Relationships

G'day Capt....

Wow, this one really hit home for me right now....my partner moved out during our "independence" holiday week. Though we are still "dating" we are not living together. It is still fresh and new, but I feel a breath of fresh air in my soul right now. I have space to think and work things out. I loved t's post with the advice of how to assess if you are still "in-love". Thank you....
      Capt, a lot of good advice and comforting words here for you! I think you "know" what you need to do...take a vaca from the relationship, seek counseling, or just completely step away...in your heart and head, you really do know the answer.....you just have to listen to it!

I'm here for you sailor boy....going through this hard sh*t right now myself.....long walks(or sails), movies(or sunsets) and milkshakes are good things!!!!

Also, thank you to everyone else that posted here, it was a great read!

Comment

Relationships

I dunno, I kinda like being alone. Relationships are scary, and marriage is really scary!! I think I'll just practice serial monogamy if I feel the need from now on. I think I've helped people through one too many divorces recently, not to mention going through one myself a while ago. Not fun.

Sorry, Cap!! NOT talking about your relationship!! Just barfing up my issues all over the place - bleah! I'll swab the decks, I promise!

Comment

Working...
        X