Was it worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was it worth it?

Walked to the offy for my usual ration of 2 beers, it was raining a little but when I came out of the shop it was throwing it down. By the time I got home looked like a drowned rat, now most people would have got a change of clothes first and dryed off, but no not me - I wanted to drink my beer. So I sat there on the sofa, soaked drinking my beer. Also it was around 9.30pm once I got back from the offy and I knew I wanted to go to bed around 10.00pm so what did I do? Yes, gulped down both beers in half an hour. That's not a modding attitude - surely a real modder would of dryed off first and only drunk 1 beer calmy and sensibly. I'm not a modder, who am I fooling - just an alcoholic on a leash...
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Was it worth it?

I had the exact same problem the other night, downed half a glass of wine just so that I could wash the wine glass - doesn't sound like a modder to me either. It definetly has got me thinking that I need to up my game a bit. Next month AF?
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Was it worth it?

just an alcoholic on a leash...

Often felt like this myself vlad. There was a time when I had accepted my alcoholism and I had resigned myself to the fact that I was never gonna change. I was at a point where I would try my best to not let things get too out of hand but I was still going to drink no matter what. I thought it was just who I was and I accepted that. In hindsight though all I had done had given in/up. I was lazy and could not be bothered with 'trying' anymore. I felt this way because I somehow could not see a future ahead of me without alcohol playing a part in it; that was way too daunting a prospect to even consider.

I'll be perfectly honest with you here, I've never quite understood 'moderation' with problem drinkers anyway. If I have a problem then the best solution is to totally eradicate the cause of that problem in the first place. If something is going to cause me stress or worry then the best way to aleviate that stress is to not put myself in a situation that causes it. So for example if I was trying to moderate my drinking and I was constantly having to think about how much I was drinking and when I was drinking and so on and so forth, I would feel a lot more comfortable with not having to think about it in the first place. I'm not oblivious to the fact that are a few that can safely return to moderating and it just becomes natural again (so to speak) but I know there are many who still have to control the obsession every time they drink. I would be one of them and I'd rather be more comfortable not having drink in the equasion in the first place.

vlad I would seriously start re-examining your motives and look at how much importance drink plays a role in your life and do you really need it.

Love and Happiness
      Hippie
      xx
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
      Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Was it worth it?

Vlad -- alcoholic on a leash cracked me up ... so it was worth a good laugh .... but seriously have to trick myself so I don't so the same type of thing... kind of like if I did not have a 401K where I was forced to save money I would have zero savings...

Some of my tricks: don't carry alot of money or credit cards on you so you can't impulse shop ... OK I can't think of anymore because I have have figued out everyway to get wine if I want to ... If only I could channel my skills in a different way!!!! Right?
        Tiny

Comment

Was it worth it?

Alkie on a leash too

I know for sure that I cannot mod. Have done the research. If we are good, do u think someone will take us for a walk.lol
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Was it worth it?

Alkie on a leash 3....

Wow !!!!What hipster said about not understanding trying to MOD hit home.The mental effort for me would be way to exhausting.Better to spent that energy trying to learn to deal with life....no more hiding behind AL
            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Was it worth it?

WALKIES!!

OK own up.....Who got excited!! frikin alkies!!lol

Comment

Was it worth it?

WALKIES!!

"Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Was it worth it?

hippie37;361101 wrote:
                  WALKIES!!

Oooh! I did! Ironically as I read this it sounds like there's some alkies next door barking away at the moment - sounds like their gonna drink each other if they don't get out soon!!!

Thanks for the comments Hippie, and everyone, much appreciated - I know what I need to do really... and I will, when I'm ready... was gonna go AF for 8 weeks beginning of the year but chickened out... plus my boss has just done a doodle of me drinking a pint of vodka at my desk!!! He was joking... I hope!
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Working...
                  X