THE WISDOM of the MWO METHOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the past several weeks several people here have shared their "methods" of getting and staying sober, whether that be mods or completely alcohol free. I think that we all celebrate anyone in any way that has worked for them to beat alcoholism or alcohol abuse, for that is truly the goal!

Roberta Jewel wrote an amazing book called "My Way Out", she then created this amazing website where those that are seeking their way out of alcohol abuse can find others with similar goals. In the book MWO, RJ offers inspiration by sharing her story and that of her close friend. She shares research and medical advice through her colleague Dr. Garcia. In this book she also offers many ideas on how to become physically, mentally and emotionally fit, so as to begin to live healthy and full lives after alcohol is left behind.

RJ is very generous in offering complete freedom in this space to discuss any and all methods to sobriety, including AA and Lenair, as well as rehab and many other ideas.

Many here, including myself have been successful in becoming alcohol free and non-drinkers due MWO. I chose "My Way" without the drugs, but with the supplements. I found the Kudzu and the L-Glut as well as Omega 3,6 and 9 to be the keys to my ridding myself of the urges and cravings for alcohol. I found others here, in particular, a small group that at gaining 30 days sober, decided to hold hands and keep sharing experiences and support to keep going! I am so grateful to RJ, those here that have shared their experience and wisdom, as well as their support. I am just past 6 months alcohol free, after nearly 25 years of problem drinking that just kept escalating. MWO really does work and I would love to have others, here, who have had success using the guidlines and information in the MWO program share their stories!

Have a Great Day, All!
    Kate
    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

MY WAY OUT SAVED MY LIFE!!!!!THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND THAT I WOULD BE DEAD NOW IF I HAD NOT FOUND THIS SITE.I OWE ALL THAT I AM AND ALL THAT I HAVE TO THE FACT THAT THIS PROGRAM WORKS FOR ME.I WILL SPEND THE REST OF MY LIFE IN DEEP GRATETUDE TO YOU RJ!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO FOR US.YOU'RE A ANGEL HERE ON EARTH!!!! GOD BLESS YOU !!!!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I too, would never have found my way to sobriety, had it not been for RJ and the unbelievable support of this website! I believe that we are all unique individuals who require our own recipe (combination) of tools to achieve our goals regarding alcohol. There is no right or wrong way to reach those goals. I appreciate the support of everyone who has helped me, especially RJ. I feel that I have finally "come home to myself". And, it's nice being here.

Love and support to all, Best
      "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

best,

If you sound any happier, no one is going to believe you! I swear you are a different person these days!

xo

Comment

:H I'm the me I always was! I was just hidden behind the viel of alcohol! :l:h:l
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

The support I have found on this site is what has kept me going many times...never giving up hope. I am very grateful.
            Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

woo hoo!!!! 6 months AF for us my sober sister!!!!

I can't add too much to what you said Kate. I am so grateful for MWO. With the book, the supps, this board, my life has been turned around. And I'm growing all the time. Getting rid of the AL was just the beginning.

I feel so lucky to know you and that we traveled this road together! :h:h

Love WW xox

Comment

all and all everything here at mwo.. the book the people as help in so many ways .and to always remember knowledge is the key to all that you want and love..a book is just a book . and it all depends on YOU to learn what works for YOU to grow.. to stay sober or mods
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Great post Kate ...

As a lurker I remember when Wonder started... I think I discovered MWO on WW 's first day... I think to myself now ... "If only I had done what WW had done & had started then ..."

I have had ups and downs but want you to know that what you have done is great!!!!
                  Tiny

Comment

Hey Tiny,
                    You are here, you are still trying, grab hands....we will help!! That is really and truly what this is all about, make our plan, make our comittment, grab on and go for it!! If we fall, get up and go again! You can do it!!

xxx Kate
                    A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Yes if it wasn't for this site I would have never even made this far thank you and for all the people who have been there for me. what a wonderful site
                      :heart:AF since May 31 2008.....Happy and Healthy

Comment

I'm new to MWO but I feel that I have a family here and a new feeling of hope. Looking forward to the future.
                        "As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
                        Nelson Mandela

Comment

Great thread, Kate.....

This place certainly changed my life.......coming up on 1 year AF......hard to believe. This time last year I was drinking 15 beers a day......now the smell of beer makes me want to puke....

MWO saved me from myself.......I've made some lifelong friends here and I'm forever grateful that I stumbled onto this site last July.......

Have a great weekend, everyone...

Don

Comment

For me it has been the group hugs that are always available. There is something therapeutic about the sharing and support with the people on this board that is not available in a book or supplement that I know has made all the difference in my recovery.

Thank you for this thread btw!
                            Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                            Watch this and find out....
                            http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

I think the website has been going through a phase lately in favor of Antabuse and Lenair.

The web community created and fostered by RJ is really amazing, so many smart if often sad people! I have learned an extraordinary amount just by reading.

In terms of the program itself, I think what it fosters is use of effective medication (topomax in the book) where appropriate, relaxation and visualization, treatment in privacy in your own home, supplements to get your body healthy again, support from a strong anonymous online community and no insistence for abstinence. In fact the book is about a woman who wants to moderate.

In practice, what I see is that Topomax can help people moderate but some are turned off by the side effects or by the idea of taking an anti-seizure medication. I think if people were willing to take medication, more could probably achieve moderation. Without it, I don't see many able to achieve moderation so we see this web community develop mostly around the goal of abstinence. It could also be that people able to moderate are not getting a lot of support because so many seem to be failing at it.

The basic principles of the program are still very sound. I agree with all of them and think that what is needed is a better medication as the corner stone with fewer side effects. Also we have to recognize people with drinking problems are not all alike as AA proclaims. We probably need different programs and maybe some could moderate.

I think Roberta's book My Way Out is really a great, inspiring story about a woman taking things into her own hands. I would also like to add that I think she has done a great service to women with drinking problems as I think the needs are different from those of men.

Comment

Working...
                              X