Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

THE WISDOM of the MWO METHOD

hi barefoot...welcome to you.

i hate to say it, but in my experience this is not an "easy" thing to do...quitting drinking takes committment and determination. stay here and keep talking and working towards your goal...this is an active process and you can do!!!

congrats on your future grandbaby and for making the decision to make a positive change!

peace!

Comment

Welcome Barefoot!!
      I am so pleased you found us and more importantly you have set a date to begin your journey.
      This is not easy, but with the support of everyone here and your determination to make it happen it's very do-able.
      You might consider joining one of the daily threads "ODAT" or "Newbies Nest" for daily support.
      All the best to you.
      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

:welcome: Barefoot, glad you found us!

What a wonderful post! Somehow I missed this one back when it was started. Kate, Nancy & Mags, :l, you gals so gifted with words...

My Grandma was a very eloquent writer. Unfortunately, I didn't inherit that...

I'm sure I wouldn't be here today either if I hadn't stumbled across this site 4 years ago... Thank you SOOO much RJ!!
        I love having my life back...

:hJudie]
        The only thing worth stealing is a kiss...:flower: zwink:

Comment

All the best to you, Barefoot. I heartily second the notion to join the ODAT or Newbies' Nest threads.

MWO and all of the people here have helped me change my life for the better in so many ways. I've been sober for a while now, and liking it. I wasn't able to moderate, but I've been supported the whole time I've been trying to find My Way.

You'll meet many successful abstainers and moderators here. Welcome to MWO.
          AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

hi everybody.. it's my first time here so maybe i'm in the wrong chat here...but i need help!! last night i had 2 glasses of wine, vodka-tonic , jack and cola, and two beers...i feel so terrible today...i can't look at my self..i need to stop that..but dont know how..i have a 4 month old, i need to do it for my baby..
            i'm from Europe, came here 5 years ago, felt lonely, started having drinks every night, while calling home..and i'm stuck now with the drinks... not all the time i have 6 drinks..but i do have them and it's bugging me..i cant stand my self the next day...i have nobody to talk to, i need help , thanks...

Comment

LG - Welcome to the rest of your life. There is no wrong place to start. Just start! I logged onto this site 18 months ago and finally found MY WAY OUT! I would follow the program as outlined if at all possible (that is with or without the meds). I only took the meds for 7 weeks and did not like the side effects - but others find them very helpful - and others never even try them. The rest of the program is very important. I can tell you that this is what gave me the the kick I needed to get going. Once you are on the road - then the work you need to do inside of your life can begin. That is where the fun begins. Sometimes not so "fun" but very worth the work.

Best to you - you can achieve your goals and dreams. :welcome:

LFree
              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

40 year old former Marine here, been drinking since I was 17, but I hate it, and I know I need to stop. I'm still competent and functional and in decent shape physically, which only makes it easier to deny that I have a problem. I don't enjoy it anymore, but still I persist. Found this site and signed up tonight, I'm gonna need all the support I can get. I've cut back to weekends only before, but not totally quit since high school. I've had my fill, this has to stop. Any advice the board has to offer would be welcome.

Comment

Hi Jiffy, a huge welcome to you!
                  It might be an idea for you to start your own thread in the Just Starting out section of the boards, you will get loads more responses there.
                  You have come to a great place and the people here are wonderful. It has kept me sober for almost a year now when I thought nothing would.
                  Hope to see you soon!
                  Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                  Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Jiffy, LG, everyone else new - a BIG welcome! Its a big overwhelming where to start here but just ask for directions. If there is a conversation going on and your interested, introduce yourself and join in. We 'oldies' really love it when new people join in - this is NOT an exclusive club!! Plus, we can help you find the places on the board that may help you the most. Again, we're so glad you're here. It's where you're supposed to be!
                    Rubes
                    sigpic
                    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

ok im new to this but i need help and encouragement Please!

Comment

Welcome Tipsy,

just read and ask for advice, everyone here has gone through many different stages.

Good Luck
                        ?We are one another's angels?
                        Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Hi I'm new. It seems like finally some one understands. Have ordered the book and can't wait to get it and start reading. I guess I will know where to go from there. I have been drinking continuously for 30 years. I've had enough! Penelope
                          Whatever your mind believes becomes reality, whether it is reality or not.

Comment

Welcome Penelope, I am happy that you found us! Good for you buying the book, it is filled with great information and is the catalyst for maping out your own plan......the Tool box thread here is also full of valuble information and ideas......Post, ask questions....read and maybe join in chat. You will get there...just committ without excuses!

Best Wishes!
                            xx Kate
                            A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Thanks for starting this thread Kate ,

I'm only 34 days AF , but already can feel that this Site is where I need to be !! Everyone has been so caring & encouraging , I just know I can do this with my determination , will power and the support of everyone on this site !!!!!!!!!!! :l Love , Em
                              Non Drinker 9/09
                              Non Smoker 6/09
                              Tennis Anyone ?

Comment

today

I went AF last year for two months. I was very bored. so I went back to AL. my husband told me I overdid it again last nite. I let it get out of hand until he brings it to my attention then I start paying attention again; modding as you call it. not sure what to do now. I have been in therapy for this reason and others - I lost a 23 year old son to suicide 3 1/2 years ago. we live a very social life and are around alcohol often - my husband knows when to say when but I do not. not sure what to do now.

Comment

Working...
                                X