Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has been a great place

Beatle,
    THank you for posting today. I have suffered several major depressive times in my life. I know you are wrong about being useless, but that is the depression talking.
    Lila

Comment

Hi Beatle
      So glad you checked in- thank you. Wish you much strength and courage- which you have already shown, when you called your husband for help.
      Please take care and be gentle with yourself.
      -Sheep

Comment

Beatle, I just saw this thread today. I'm so glad you told your husband about taking the pills. Please know I think of you often and I'm so sorry you are going through such pain.
        Marcie

Comment

Beatle, thank you for letting us know you went to the hospital. We all know you are a wonderful useful person. I hope you are able to find a good program. And I truly believe you can be happy again.

Comment

Beatle -so much has been said. Just remember you are with family here and you are loved. You can and will get better and we are all sending you our best wishes.
            Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hi Beatle,

I don't post regularly, but I read daily. I am so grateful that you are still here! Darling (aka Starlight) had an excellent post about what life is like after your sober. It's not the fantasy that we often think of when we struggle to conquer our demons. Talk to people. Family, friends, counselors, us....Use every resource to fight this fight. I hope your physicians will be able to find a drug therapy that will help balance your bipolar disorder so you can focus on being who you really what to be. Stay connected and make yourself reach out in the right direction! We're here, and we want you here too. Good luck.

Julie

Comment

Good to hear from you beatle

Comment

So glad to hear from you Beatle - was praying for you every day. Was relieved to see your post when I came back from church yesterday. Will continue to pray as you take the steps you need to get well.
                  Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hi Beetle,

"GOD DON'T MAKE RUBBISH!" Keep fighting the fight:l

Thinking of you!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

It's really good to hear from you again Beatle! You scared a bunch of people including yourself I'm sure. Next time you are feeling down please don't try so hard, a simple "I need help here" will do!

It took a lot of courage to share here what you are going through and finally seek the help you so desperately need.

Get some rest and when get your strength up check back in. :l
                      Is Addiction Really a Disease?
                      Watch this and find out....
                      http://youtu.be/ekDFv7TTZ4I

Comment

Beatle,

I am so happy to see your post! I have been and will continue to pray that you will find the solution to arrive at a place of peace and contentment in your life.

Love and support,
                        Best
                        "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Beatle....so glad you checked in and are getting the help you need. Things will get better.
                          Happy to be AF Since 9.13.08

Comment

I am so glad to hear that you are safe and sound and will be getting some more intensive treatment. I hope you get the relief you are seeking and are happy once again. You derserve it!
                            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Beatle - I thank God that you told your husband and got the immediate help you needed. I just want to say that 8 weeks isn't long enough to be able to Judge how you will eventually FEEL after becoming AF. You have to commit to becoming AF NO MATTER WHAT because eventually you will feel healthier, but by becoming AF - you can THEN go to work on the other issues in your life (like the BP, etc).

At 8 weeks AF - I still felt depressed and over whelmed. I don't think we can put a time frame on "when" we will feel a shift - because the body and brain need a LOT of adjustment time.

I just love you and want to hug you. Thank you for hanging in here with us - and letting us know where you are. We all love you so much.

Prayers,
                              AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Thank YOU all.

I'm not a religious person in the conventional way (as many of you know), but I do believe prayer was a big factor in keeping me here. I believe prayer is a communal and spiritual way of connecting across borders... all kinds. Thank you all for your prayers.
                                Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Working...
                                X