Pussy problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pussy problems

That's the feline type, not the female type! Ha ha! Sorry, pathetic humour but I just couldn't resist!

I 'acquired' 2 rescue kittens earlier this year. All went well etc. But one of them - still don't know which one - is crapping in the house!! Aaarrgghh!! They have a litter tray for the night and I ensure that it is spotless. But still not doing it in the right place. Sometimes it's even 2 foot from the tray!

Please give me some advice, it's driving me nuts!

Take care
    xxx
    The mind is in its own place, and in itself
    Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Pussy problems

Well you had me intrigued with your 'pathetic' humour!!!lol

Have you tried putting the litter tray where the cat is crapping? I know cats are pretty clean creatures anyway but if there's a strong smell of bleach coming off the tray it may well be a reason why they're not using it. A good deterrent as well is to put pepper where they're regularly doing their business if they're continuing to crap away from the tray.

Love and Happiness
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Pussy problems

I'm using a 'natural' detergent in the tray so it shouldn't interfer with their sense of smell.

There is no regular spot that it's crapping in. This morning it was in the spare shower. Yesterday on the kids toy medical trolley!?!

Take care
      xxx

John Milton

Comment

Pussy problems

Cats crapping on toy medical trolley's.......Now.....you've come to the right man...............I'm an expert in that field... of... "cat's crapping on kids toy medical trolley's!!". I did my final thesus in university on this subject!!lol

Jinja I haven't the foggiest hun. All my expertise was working with dogs at the RSPCA kennels on Cross Lane for about 12 months. I hardly went near the cattery to be honest!!.

Sorry hun I'm sure someone will post something more helpful soon. Keep checking back!!

Love and Happiness
        Hippie
        xx

p.s. maybe they're just shit scared that Mugabe has them on a hit list for not voting!! Have you noticed any purple pawprints around the place? If not there's ya answer. FLEE ya buggers FLEE!!!!
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
        Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

Pussy problems

jinja - is the tray anywhere near their food? If so, try moving it away.

Is the tray out in the open? If so, shift it somewhere more 'private', less exposed.

If that still doesn't work - try changing brand of litter. I believe the idea is to get stuff that simulates earth (soil)

Sorry - nothing else to offer but thanks for rescuing them.

Comment

Pussy problems

Pussy Power

Hi Jinja,
            At least it sounds like one of your cats is trying to be very clean - going in the shower and medical trolleys!. Maybe you should leave loo paper out for it aswell.
            I had this problem with my cats too and one day decided to try and watch what was going on (trust me I had better things to be doing) and one of them would just not go in the litter tray once another cat had done a crap in it. I put two smaller litter trays out instead of one big one and although it was a pain to clean out it did work. After that my babies came along and constantly tried eating the litter so in the end the cats moved out into their own apartment (aka cat door inserted into outdoor shed) and they just poo outside now day and night. Just when I thought my poo problem days were over we got a dog who decided that the carpet in the landing was the best place to go to the toilet. This appears to have stopped now but have to replace the carpet as could not get the stains out. Oh the joys....
            Bandit
            There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Pussy problems

Jinja,

My son brought his cat to our house while we were on vacation, one time. Left it there because he said the cat was "lonely all day in his apartment when he was at work." Great! So, then I have 2 cats, GRRRRRRRR- Kids! But that is another story!

I had to get two seperate litter trays. Vet said, some cats won't potty with other cats. Understandable, if you're a cat. Anyway, the two litter tray thing worked. Just hope your tray crapping cat doesn't poop in both before your floor crapping cat can claim its' new territory. What I would do, buy two new trays and fill with litter, that way the other cats' scent isn't in the old tray. Then place one cat in each tray simultaneously. Viola - Private Bathrooms! Hopefully they will get the picture!

Good luck!

P.S. Where there is poop there is pee! Nothing worse than cat pee, anywhere other than in the littler tray!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Pussy problems

While I don't profess to be a pussy pychologist--perhaps i should specialize as there are a lot of psychotic cats out there!:H

Looks like you have gotten some good suggestions already. Could be your puss is pissed, has anything changed in your household? Company, another pet, new litter....??

Sometimes cats will pee in inappropriate places when there is a physical condition--but pooping is usually them trying to make a point!

My sister's cat does it if she doesn't clean the litter box every day!

Good luck, and keep us informed!
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Pussy problems

Also, my cat pee'd in inappropriate areas when she had some type of bladder chrystals. That was a pee thing though! Imagine the look on my face when the vet told me I had to bring in a urine sample! That's another story! It can be done. Did it on about 6 different occassions. That was our poor kitty who died when our house burned. God bless her little PEE pickin soul! Sweet little "Precious".
                  "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Pussy problems

I have also heard you need a box for each kitty. Good luck! Rescue kitties are the best!

Comment

Pussy problems

Does the box have a hood over it? If the poop is near the box, kitty might be trying to go in the box and accidentally shooting over the side. She can't do that if there's a cover over. Also, how long has it been since you started housebreaking?

Comment

Pussy problems

Sorry all I know about is male cat peeing problems because of crystals. I do know that the product Zero Odor really really worked for me getting rid of the smell. Under daughters bed soaked thru rug, pad and on to sub floor. Saved it all, no smell left. On the pricey side but cheaper than a new floor! found it online.

Hope you Have an uncrappy day.
                        workout:chick:mwo2

It's my world to make now...cuz I found my way out.

Comment

Pussy problems

Some cats won't share a litter box. If they each have their own (tough to do), it can work. But if one doesn't care which box it uses and one does, there could be problems.

Comment

Pussy problems

Thanks for the advice. Will get a 2nd tray and hope that it works!!

In the beginning they shared happily, but the male is the dominant (litter twins). During the day they go outside, but at night we have to have the security alarm on so the litter tray is in their "bedroom". Some nights it isn't used at all as they manage to hold it until we are up, it's just if they are 'caught short'. I was hoping to get rid of it all together when they are older, but will obviously see if they can manage all night on a regular basis. Food is in the kitchen, so that link isn't there. Cat pychology - nothing has changed in our household, so again I can't see a link there.

Thanks again, I'm getting a dab hand with the clean up & ICU spray & then scent neutraliser!!

Take care
                            xxx

John Milton

Comment

Working...
                            X