YIPPYYYY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YIPPYYYY

Day 5, and thank God I'm hardly even thinking about it!
    I guess it's all in just making the decision and doing it.
    I'm sure seeing myself out of my own body (yes I was that drunk). I looked f@ckin pathetic! Falling all over the place, running into things, drinking a litter of hydroporoxide and being hospitalized in the psych ward really helped me WANT to clean up.
    So I'm gonna tread on and NOT look that EVER again!!!
    So to all of you who haven't really decided yet... do yourselves a favor and make that decision. It'll be the best one you ever make in your life. One that will save your life, your friends, your family and your dignity. It's a hard one to make, cause "what the hell am I gonna do without my buzz"? The answer is, have a better life. Feel better about yourself for facing your problems rather than drowning them. I used to wake up with a shot of vodka, or two, just not to shake at work. It's kinda hard to TIG weld when you're shaking. hehehe.
    Don't get to where I was before I decided. It's only been 5 day I know. So it may look like I'm talking a little too soon, but I have no desire for it anymore. My dad talks about it more than I think about it. If I can, anyone can! I lost two aunts to alcoholism, it's in my dna to be an alcoholic. Everyone here can do it!!!
    So DO it. Don't say I'll try, DO it!
    God bless us all and give us the strength we need to beet this illness!
    Mike...

YIPPYYYY

Congratulations on your 5 days Mike. Hope you continue to have a successful journey in sobriety.

Comment

YIPPYYYY

amen
      and vary well put
      keep it up and going
      mike
      :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
      best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

YIPPYYYY

Good for u Mike. I was dreading today, being Friday, but I didn't feel well at all today, so that helped. Hanging in there with ya.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

YIPPYYYY

Loved your post~

Day 5, amazing. Have not made it past day 3, yet, the desire is intense, pure and always my reminder of this fight on my hands.
          Likewise, had to slosh it down in the early hours, esp, if I knew I did not have to work and even then, 3-4 hours before would do a shot and then worry, because it should have worn off and I still looked, well, you know. Can't believe I pulled that off at work......

On day 2, made some major changes as I attempted with all sincerity to do this starting July 1st. Did not manage to, and made a resolve to simply this and go for 21 days, starting on the 10th. Am not posting on this much, for, I feel that it sets me up.

It is odd, for this time, day 2 and I am struggling feeling like I belong here, struggled to speak, and respond from my depths as before. Been on site for almost an hour and just kept "being led" to where ever I am meant to be, to see or hear even just ONE word that will stir my senses, so I can respond, to hopefully help another and forget about this difficulty that is being too quiet. It's lurking, but, waiting for one opportunity to slither in.

Thank you for your post, again of very encouraging words and beautiful intent.

Keep faith in your strengths and the support that comes from all the elements and senses.

Be well,

Karen
          :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

YIPPYYYY

Good for you! Day 5 is great!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

YIPPYYYY

OMG! Mike, this is fantastic! Keep going!

Big Hugs! Best :l:h:l
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

YIPPYYYY

I think a lot of people tend to look for 'excuses' as to the reasons why they drink; DNA for example as youve mentioned Mike. But you have a real healthy attitude towards sobriety and one I like a lot!!. Too many of us get engrossed in the semantics of our alcoholism when really we just need to be more positive in doing something about it.

Still early days I know Mike but your attitude is great. You'll get far with it!!

Love and Happiness
                Hippie
                xx
                "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
                Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Comment

YIPPYYYY

You sound strong and Detemined...Great on 5 days!!!!We can do this together....
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

YIPPYYYY

Great job to you Mike! Continue on with your success and your insightful words.

Michaela
                    :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
                    AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Working...
                    X