Genetic Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genetic Testing

Hello all. As some of you know my daughter is pregnant with my first grandchild. We found out last week it's a girl and her name will be Vivian Grace.

Sonograms done ooh'd and aah'd, now the results of their genetic testing have come in and they are both carriers of Cystic Fibrosis which means there is a 1 in 4 chance that this little girl will be affected.

She has known since Tuesday, but couldn't tell me because she is so emotional. Anything I wanted to say and did say seemed so inadequate. She had an amnio done Friday and hopefully this will tell us a little more. She is only 12 weeks, so it will be an anxiety-filled pregnancy if the amnio doesn't produce some positive results.

Darn those two kids were over the moon studying fetus growth every night, and of course they will still do that but in a more somber tone.

Thanks for listening.
    Enlightened by MWO

Genetic Testing

Does your daughter have faith? Does she acknowledge a greater being, our Creator? NOT TO PREACH, but this is the only thing that pulls me through these kinds of times. Can she just hold hands with you or her husband and pray, try to release her culpability, and know that God is God, or does all this sound like hooey? These are the kinds of questions that would help us know how we can help her, and you.

You are both in my prayers, and I'm so sorry for the grief...

Comment

Genetic Testing

SK....I am so sorry to hear this news for you all. The amnio will tell more. My cousin was told her child would have severe down syndrom...EVEN on the amnio...her child was perfect!!!! Not a thing wrong with her. Prayers going up from me asking for a happy, healthy future for Vivian....
      Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Genetic Testing

4tops thank you for your prayers, she is 2500 miles away, but I kinow she is holding hands with her husband.

Thank you.

Brit - Thanks so much.
        Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Genetic Testing

Your family will be in my prayers.

Michaela
          :beach: "You can't go uphill thinking downhill thoughts"
          AF since 10/11/2008

Comment

Genetic Testing

I will be praying for your grandbaby as well. :h
            Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Genetic Testing

Hilary,

I tried to send a post earlier and just couldn't because it sounded trite.

Damn.

I am sending prayers, love and strength to your daughter, her husband, you and your husband (I hope you are together, if not forget him.)

However, the child is tantamount here. Absolutely.

Let's all hold hands and pray this works out. Pray, care, love.

Love,
              Cindi
              AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Genetic Testing

my prayers are for you and your faamily
                be strong.. peace , love and god bless
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Genetic Testing

I'm so sorry to hear this and will pray for a positive outcome.

Comment

Genetic Testing

:h:h:hYour in my prayers...I have my heart and my mind focussed on A healthy happy baby....
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Genetic Testing

Thanks to you all. We are focusing on the 3 out of 4 who won't have C.F.

:thanks:
                      Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Genetic Testing

I agree SK. Focus on the positive. I am so sure this baby will be fine but am sorry for the worry you all will have to go through.
                        I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                        X