Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the MOST useful to buy - supps/book/cds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone! Here I am on Day 3 again. :new:

I don't have much money to spare and wondered if people could tell me which are the most useful tools to buy. If I bought just one or two things would they be the book and cds or the book and supplements (which?). Basically, what helped you the MOST?

:h Basilisk
    "Let the beauty you love be what you do. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth." Rumi

The book and the supps would be my choice. You have to have the book to know how to work the program and the supps are the next key to success. The CD's....I hear are very helpful, but I never purchased any of them.
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

I concur with Luv the book and particulary the supps. I have the CD's they work for some but I ended up buying a Aussie hypno cd version I find it fantastic for sleep lol. Hey i understand the money thing you can have my MWO CD's yours for free just pm a PO box Ill send them on.
      Take care and all success to you in your walk to be drink free
      Cap

Comment

Problem solved...
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

For me it was all about setting a plan...Info was the most important thing!!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I concur with books and supps, but would think about adding one more thing. I do fine as long as I am checking in with the board regularly, recording my progress on the drinktracker, etc. It's when I start to get away from paying attention to following through with my plans that I stop checking the board here, and then I have found that every time I'll go off on a tear only to come back to the board and have to start over some days or weeks later. I'm going to try to be more regular at reading and reminding myself of what I'm doing daily by coming back here. I'll see if that makes a difference in my ability to stick to what I start.

Comment

The Kudzu is all it took for me! Good luck though whatever route you take. Don't forget that the support you'll get from the board here is always free

Comment

I totally Agree with Brit and the above advise ... Just to give you the order of how I added the program (even though I ordered EVERYTHING ... I implemented it in stages ..... I guess I was wanting to know WHICH aspects really worked so didn't start the whole program at one timeeven though I could afford it and had it sitting in a box in my office)

1. Read the book
                2. I started the CD's (for 1 month was COMPULSIVE about getting these in my HEAD)
                3. Started the L-Glut (supplement)

NOW IT IS 6 WEEKS LATER AND I WAS 6 WEEKS AL FREE ...

4. ADDED rest of supplements

I wish you the best .... You can do this with the support here until you can afford the program if need be. I had my first 8 Days AF without any of the program - and as we all know ... those are the toughest days. If I can ... you can ... trust me ..... I hadn't been ONE DAY without drinking in over 10 years.
                AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

Living Free,
                  I own the CDs but only listened to them maybe once. Do you think they are helpful?
                  Lila

Comment

All great advise here. As you can see, the beauty of MWO is that this program is flexible for everyone's different needs.

I agree with Harvey, that coming here on a regular basis is very vital in one's recovery. I would never have found the strength and inspiration without all the wonderful people here. There is so much to learn right here on these boards.

I added the vitamins and herbs (and book) about 3 months in and feel so much better. I don't think there is anyone here who would tell you not to take the supps. But the trick with the supps is learning what your body needs. The book will definitely help you with this. You can start with what's suggested and then tweak the program to what you need.

Good luck! We are here for you. Congrats on your 3 days!!

Love, Me
                    :l
                    Alcohol is simply the device between success and failure.

Comment

There are some, that "white knuckle" their way to AF. Many here lately, seem to think that posting and chatting is the answer to long term sobriety. Hey! If this truly works for anyone.....that is terrific! But, we do have a wonderful resource, the book My Way Out. This book is full of research and information and this program works, if we work it! And, as Thankful said, we can tweak it in such a way that it works for us.

Quite honestly, I don't know how anyone can work the MWO program, without first, reading the book. All together, the book, the supps and this place, is working for me! This is a very small investment in our future! If we buy everything, it is way cheaper than drinking!!

Best Wishes Everyone!
                      Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                      X