Wise Words

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise Words

• You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    • You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    • You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative and independence.You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves.

The last one for me reminds me of a time when I too was getting lazy and expecting everything to just fall into place. I somehow saw that I was 'fixed' and when I did fall and slip I didn't want to do the work for myself to stay sober. I just couldn't be arsed putting in the work and effort anymore.

Getting sober for me was quite an easy job but staying sober was NOT. I've had 12 out of 13 months completely sober but not consecutively. 3 slips that have amounted to about a months worth of drinking when I went on long benders again. I can still never say that I will NEVER drink again but as long as I am not getting complacent and I'm putting in the work to safeguard my sobriety then I'll be happy. If I'm happy with my life I Know for FACT that I don't want drink in it anywhere.

Ever since I started on this journey I've kind of felt like there has been a part of me missing or like I have no-one to share this journey with; someone special who I can be intimate with and share my life with and talk openly about my alcoholism and my future plans as a sober person. I've always felt I've had a lot of love and happiness to share with someone but I've ended putting up too many barriers and walls because I was still not wroking hard enough to be comfortable around drink. I was still in effect a dry drunk who had not moved on from the psycho analyzing and I would avoid situations that in the past where big triggers for me.

Today I feel like a new man and I have finally found someone to share my life with that understands me and loves me for who I am. I in no way think that this has too 'fixed' my alcoholism but I am finally gaining some real love and happiness in my own life that has sadly been missing for many years now.

So to all my friends here, there and everywhere, to newcomers and oldtimers....
    My love and Happiness to you all.
    Hippie
    xx
    "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran
    Clean and sober 25th January 2009

Wise Words

This is much deserved HAPPINESS...Together,you are now co creators of your world...That world is gonna be such a beautiful place to raise your children...Love sweet Love,GODS GREATEST GIFT...
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Wise Words

Hips I cannot tell you how happy I am for you and because I know where you are it makes it that much more special - you and Dolphin are both VERY special people and together you make this site - this world - this universe that much more valuable...
      love you both
      ced
      x
      x
      x
      x

Comment

Wise Words

Sunday Morning~ beautiful words~I am inspired,uplifted and hopeful.

I have had Church.

Wonderful message:flower:

Thanking my lucky stars for the angels such as yourself , here on this "sight".

Love, Peace and then some more~

Karen
        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Wise Words

"Ever since I started on this journey I've kind of felt like there has been a part of me missing or like I have no-one to share this journey with; someone special who I can be intimate with and share my life with and talk openly about my alcoholism and my future plans as a sober person. I've always felt I've had a lot of love and happiness to share with someone but I've ended putting up too many barriers and walls because I was still not wroking hard enough to be comfortable around drink. I was still in effect a dry drunk who had not moved on from the psycho analyzing and I would avoid situations that in the past where big triggers for me".

Until a thing called "love" came knocking at your door. Hipp take that long walk along the beach hold hands and hug you have all of us here vicariously living off you and Dolphin ........... oh and stop thinkin just fall
          Love cap

Comment

Wise Words

Hippie and Dolphin,

Grab onto this and hold on tight. Love comes seldom and when it does, it is to be cherished.

Hugs to both of you. :l:l

Love,
            Cindi
            AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Wise Words

Hippie and Dolph, so very happy for the both of you and wishing you all that is good as you start your journey together.

Love, cucks

Comment

Wise Words

I am so happy for you guys! :l:h
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

Wise Words

Hippie,

WOW! Great words this morning, All I can say is "Right One Brother Man"!

Guy
                  "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Wise Words

Hippie and Dolphin an item??!! I just don't read enough on here. WOW! That is awesome and wonderful!! I've always been a fan of yours Hippie and Dolphin always posts such sense!! That is fantastic! I am really really pleased for you both. xxxxxxxx

Comment

Wise Words

Hippie and dolphin?? Is that why you said you were in Scotland the other day?? I really thought it might be Darling...former Starlight Empress. Best wishes to the both of you..
                      Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. --Confucius
                      :h

Comment

Wise Words

Love and Happiness to you Hippie.

Comment

Wise Words

A wise man once wrote...

hippie37;340744 wrote: We are on this earth, in our physical bodies, because our souls have things to learn that we could not learn in any other way. It is through our physical body and the physical world that we can experience life. Purely spiritual beings are just that - they are in a state of being rather than doing in a place that is beyond the limitations of time and space. But when we incarnate on the physical plane, we are automatically subject to the laws of physics and the world of dualities. In this place, we know what happiness is because we have experienced sadness, and we understand the value and power of light because we have known darkness. Knowing this, we have the opportunity to let ourselves be spiritual beings having a physical experience.

There is no pain in the spiritual realm, because we know we are one with the limitless source of the universe. But here, in the material realm, our sense of limitation and separation allows us to feel our emotions and to learn about love, forgiveness, and compassion. We go from a spiritual state of oneness to learning how to be in relationship with people who are different and distinct individuals. We learn to understand ourselves through our relationships with the world around us its seasons and landscapes, challenges and opportunities. And through our journey to find our place among so many others, we begin to recognize our own glimmer of light in a constellation of stars.

Once we remember that we are spiritual beings, we can revel in the experience of being human while knowing we are all connected. We can live from the place of oneness while truly appreciating the beauty of diversity, the bittersweet feel of love and loss, and the elation of triumph over challenges and adversity. It is through these opposites that we experience life itself, and we can ride through the dark times with the understanding that it will help us to appreciate the light of life and love and spirit more fully.
                          We are here now because we made the choice to experience an earth life, so now we can choose to enjoy the journey as completely as possible.

Love and Happiness
                          Hippie (spouting hippie shite!!!)
                          xx
                          May you both live 'in the light' together because you have both experienced your darkness separately. Honer, protect and nurture yourselves, your connection and your sobriety.

Take care
                          xxx
                          The mind is in its own place, and in itself
                          Can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

John Milton

Comment

Working...
                          X