Sleeplessness/night itching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ran acrose an article about the symptoms of early liver dysfuntion.It talked about sleeplessness and night itching.It said that this is a early sign of cirrohsis of the liver.I had extreme night itching (palms and soles of feet, especially)after my last Binge,a few months ago.They have gotten so much better but have not completely disappeared.I am taking the reocomended MWO supps., milk thistle,liv52,tons of green stuff and eating lots of nuts and chicken livers and my liver is functioning much better.I was wondering if anyone else had experienced these symptoms???If you Google (liver dysfunction/itching)you will find much more about this.I even read that the suicide rate was high because DRs. had little that could help the insane itching...It was AWEFUL!!!
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

The itching from liver dysfunction happens at different times of the day and at different body places for different people...I thought that it was detergent,softner..fleas from my kitten,allergies....I was going NUTS until i rescearched the web.Any health food store has Algae and Liv52....You can also get it on E BAY cheap...from India,but it will take a while to come...It has helped me so much,so fast that I am glad I bought it ASAP...

Comment

Blood sugar issues will cause itching also.

Comment

Hi Evie: I have suffered from night itching, mostly my legs and feet, for years, before I had problems with Al - even as a kid. In fact, that's one of the things that made me start drinking more ... I always thought I might have some variation of "restless legs syndrome." So perhaps it's not related to liver function?
        :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Night Itching

I had it also. the tops of my feet, my ankles etc. I did read that it was a symptom of liver dysfunction or fatty liver which is reversible.

It drove me nuts. Sometimes I would put cortisone anti itching cream on it. It was actually like hives.

I don't know if it was nerves or liver stuff. I guess the best thing to do is not drink, eh?
          __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Likewise.

I can hardly get through the Hypno Cd's because of my Violent Leg Jerks.
            Same as sleep. Part of the difficulty. Unless I am liquidated, I do not fall into what ever rest it.

I toss and turn as well as the other symptoms.

I hope I am not scar-ed for life,
            I am scared for my life, at times.

Hugs to all,
            :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Theme2be (thank you for your ever-so-eloquent message by the way... you do have a way with not just words, but communicating them)-- but on to the subject at hand-- the leg jerks can be Restless Leg Syndrome (have you looked into that?). However, as a tried and true alkie, I will tell you that my leg restlessness has always gone away during sober periods, even if only for a couple days. Likewise, it returns within a few days of drinking.

You should be scared for for your life. Get more scared.
              Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

I bought Liv 52 on Amazon, it arrived pretty quickly. Benadryl is good for itching. I'll be sending positive thoughts to everyone's way that you all can get some improvement
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

beatle;363578 wrote: Theme2be (thank you for your ever-so-eloquent message by the way... you do have a way with not just words, but communicating them)-- but on to the subject at hand-- the leg jerks can be Restless Leg Syndrome (have you looked into that?). However, as a tried and true alkie, I will tell you that my leg restlessness has always gone away during sober periods, even if only for a couple days. Likewise, it returns within a few days of drinking.

You should be scared for for your life. Get more scared.
                  RLS is linked with drinking, without a doubt. It has been the only thing that has helped me cut back on my drinking on a long term basis. A blessing in disguise I guess
                  Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                  - George Jackson

Comment

evie mayb your gttin side affects from the supps kinda like eatin to much bread like i use to you get yeast deposits gyco hope u gt better

Comment

The itching was when I was bingeing...long before taking supps....Now the itching is almost gone and my liver function is returning to normal...

Comment

My Mom recently died of liver cancer.....the itching was horrid!!!! She would scrtch her skin off sometimes.
                        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

For all you gals out there (and I in no way mean to diminish the damage AL is doing to our bodies) the wakefulness, restless legs and skin crawling are also some of the 35 symptoms of peri-menopause. That was a real catalyst for my upsurge in AL consumption. I thought I was losing my mind, going crazy, dying, falling apart. It was a subject never addressed amongst my mother and 5 much older sisters. Even my female MD couldn't hit the old Meno-Nail-on-the-head. She prescribed anti-depressants and sent me on my way. I saw the title of an article one day called "Drinking my way through Menopause'. It piqued my curiostiy and I started researching the subject and should be ashamed of myself for being a woman and knowing so little about it, but I am more shocked at the number of woman who've been through it and don't want to talk about it or share their experience. Is this what women use as their guage for their youthfulness and worth? The day I dry up and the last dollar I spend on tampons will be my new birthday. I own a library of books on the topic. And guess what is really, really bad for you and your hormones??? You got it!!! ALCOHOL. It's a big No-No!! No more than 3 drinks a WEEK! Not 3 an hour, but 3 a week!!! I've got the information, I just haven't done anything with it yet. They say this time in a woman's life can range from non-existant to lasting upwards to 15 years. I'm glad I know what's happening to me, I just wish I could find the strength to fix it. I have never been more lifeless in my entire life.

GOOGLE 'The symptoms of peri-menopause'. I'm glad I did. It started 3 years ago for me and I'm now 48. I printed the list out and have it hanging on the fridge. Anytime someone looks at me funny I have them reference the list, and then I have a drink. I'm in a pretty pathetic place right now and the shame is eating me alive. It's not an excuse but it certainly explains a lot of things for me. I wish all of the wonderful woman in my life had given me a heads-up b/4 I started my own medication regimen cause my way is the wrong way and exacerbating the situation. My neighbor is treating her itchy, crawly skin with "Secret Sage". Hmmm...maybe I should think of switching...

Comment

Working...
                          X