Tomorrow is the big day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow is the big day

What if I don't cry and scream and yell instead.
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

Be honest and if you do like the person find someone else you can relate to. Don't try to make yourself feel better by telling them what you think if the right answer, be brutally honest is my best advice. Of course short of them locking you up in the nut house.

Hope it goes good,

Sammys

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

how did you make out lukalee?

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

I still have an hour until my appointment!!!!!!!!!!
          Goal 1: Today
          Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

hi luka here i go the last 1 sent me to a sanitarium,ive seen 6 b4 tht 1,they didnt no what they were doin,or mayb they did and i didnt follow there advice,but i did,i stopped drinkin,but i couldnt stay stopped,went to AA,they tried to help me but they couldnt help be cause i wasnt ready to be helped,so my advice is be honest with the doctor to the best of your ability,psychiatrists are trained to detect whats ailin you my last 1 did hope this helps gyco

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

lukalee....

let me know how it went? honestly, i've seen quit a few in the past. be patient and find someone who makes sense to you. i remember initially i was nervous too. the last psychiatrist i saw in manhattan i liked a lot. she was a really good listener, and reiterated my concerns to be certain she understood correctly before she gave her input. i appreciated that. also she said that if the benefits of a medication outweighed the negative side effects then i might consider it.

try and relax so you make the most of your visit. if you are nervous you will not be clear minded. how about a little walk to relax before hand and think through what you want to say. i always made notes before a visit so i wouldn't forget anything important.

Comment

Tomorrow is the big day

Lukalee

Sorry I'm late posting. I've been meaning to post to this. I've written many times on here about how my shrink has been my lifesaver through all of this. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a really good one. Mine has been my lifeline and I have learned so much from her.

You can scream, cry, say nothing, whatever you are comfortable with. A good doctor will take it from there. Don't worry. Just be honest.

I'm wishing the best for you.
                Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Working...
                X