One Week Report In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Week Report In

OK. Tuesday a week ago, my husband cornered me with "hey, I'm seriously concerned, and you are headed down a dangerous path". Natch, I said, "no you are, for gettin' all in my bidness about my wine. Step back." That sort of put him on higher alert, you know? So I soul searched, and I came here. Griped, bitched, blamed and generally whined for a good 2 days, as I felt cornered into giving up my beloved beverage (mmmmm, I could go for one or four RIGHT now).

You people rocked. I got sound, compassionate advice. I was told I certainly could make my own choices, and not to do anything just because hub had a worry. Even if it was a big worry. But then a couple of you said...keep it up, girl, but you'll have to lay in the bed you make. What are you willing to lose to keep you your habit?

It hit me like a ton of bricks. I think you can say, I saw the light. Headed for me, right straight between the eyes.

It made me miserable, but I knew I need to change tracks. When I had to really think of stopping or seriously moderating, as opposed to my beautiful bottle-plus of wine nightly, I felt cornered, or a sort of like a caged animal. And THAT freaked me straight out.

So I went AF that Tues., Wed, and Thurs., and DECIDED instead of just falling into it, to have SOME wine Fri and Sat., but not Sun, or any other week night. And I've kept to it, and tonight wasn't really tough. I thought of it. I was a bit wistful. But I keep thinking of what will happen if I don't pull it in right now. And every day I've checked in here, I'm reminded with no minced words, that the results are disastrous if I ignore the effects of alcohol. Kindness with firmness. Real tough love.

So I'm only at the beginning, but I'm already seeing a good end. There may be a good many bumps ahead, but I'm encouraged that I can indeed, have control. And I think the Lord is using this in my life.

It's been an amazing week, that I never saw coming. I have to thank this place, and the wonderful people who've reached out to me, just another worn out mom overwhelmed by the day to day.

I just had to stop here to say thanks, and give thanks.

One Week Report In

Way to go! You are sounding strong and confident in the conclusions you are coming to! I have no doubt that you will do anything you set your heart out to do!!
    AF since Jan. 1, 2008 .... It all began right here

Raise your hopeful voice, you have a choice, you made it now.

(from the Movie "Once")

Comment

One Week Report In

Wow 4 Tops- that is a lot of soul searching- thank you so much for sharing. I found your posts this past week to be really honest and real. They helped me think about my own struggle and where I would like to go. So thanks.
      Take care
      -Sheep

Comment

One Week Report In

4tops, welcome to your beginning

nice to have you
        nosce te ipsum
        (Know Thyself)

Comment

One Week Report In

This place has done a lot for a lot of people. And a lot of people have done a lot for others here. You are certain to be one of them.
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

One Week Report In

Wow Tops, you are sounding so positive, way to go!!

Well done on notching up those AF days and nights!!
            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

One Week Report In

Wow 4! You've made alot of progress in short amount of time! Fast learner! Contratulations!
              "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

One Week Report In

Welcome!
                "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

One Week Report In

Tops: I can tell you are so determined! I am too! I'll look for you in chat today. Great hard work by everyone this past week! I feel like every hour I stay AF, I am gaining 2. I love a good bargain!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

One Week Report In

Good going 4tops. Keep it up and soon you will be the one giving compassionate advice at times. Glad it has not been as awful as you thought and that you are seeing some of the benefits.

Comment

One Week Report In

You are very inspiring...I look forward to your posts..THanks..
                      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

One Week Report In

YAY 4tops! I knew that you could do this. Great job. The lure of the vine is great, I know. I am 2 days AF and realized that I am one sucky moderator. No wine for this chick. Ever. Good luck to you. I am really proud and very inspired by your post.

Kat
                        "All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddah:heart:

Comment

One Week Report In

Way to go 4Tops. Your post was very inspiring to me. The wine is a demon and so hard to kick. Thank you for sharing.
                          When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
                          -- Franklin D Roosevelt --

Comment

Working...
                          X