The things I have learned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The things I have learned

There are certain things you learn to accept as you get older, unfortunately only age provides you with this ?wisdom? and acceptance. Denial I have found only worsens the situation; you become delusional in a sense and fail to see the truth for what it is. I have made many mistakes in my life (some I am still paying for) and I?ve done things I am not proud of. I?ve let people control me, and take advantage of me. I?ve been led astray many times by people for their own selfish reasons and have ended up feeling nothing but guilt and shame. But not anymore, I?m not allowing others to affect the course of my life and what I need to be happy. I have a beautiful family now and I am so thankful. It?s time to let the past go and move forward?anyway, these are the things I have learned in my lifetime up to this point..

1.I can not moderate, I either have it all or nothing, There is no middle ground for me. I have tried numerous times and have not been successful. I have accepted that and will learn to eventually live with this, it will just take time.
    2.After having a baby my hips will never be the same size they were before my child came along.
    3.I don?t mind seeing grey through my hair; I?ve earned every one of them.
    4.A perfect wedding does not make a happy marriage
    5.Money is wonderful to have and can ease your burdens, but if there is no love you?re better off alone.
    6.If you?re lucky enough to find real love; embrace, nurture and cherish it?but don?t hold it too tight as it will get away from you
    7.I wake up every day thankful I at least have one more day on this planet to be with the ones I love.
    8.My child eases all my pain of everything I have ever lived through in my past, just one look or smile and I normally forget what I was so upset about
    9.Whatever you think you?re doing in private, will eventually come to light
    10.Sometimes your friends can be your downfall
    11.If you feel like you?re being watched somehow, you probably are
    12.Manolo?s are beautiful and expensive, but most are not very comfortable
    13.All women should have a gorgeous pair of black leather boots
    14.Certain members of your family are always going to be annoying and intrusive, just accepting that alone has helped me deal with them on a regular basis
    15.I can?t make everyone happy
    16.People don?t have to understand the decisions you make in life
    17.My mother is, who she is
    18.People who have no children don?t fully understand what it?s like to be a parent, regardless of how many little cousins or nieces and nephews they have
    19.Never call the UK direct, get a phone card. Your bill at the end of the month will give you a stroke if you don?t
    20.Try to laugh
Working...
X