Creative idea needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creative idea needed!

If you're going to have a small family party (even just a dinner), you can also make a mask for each family member using A picture of your daughter for the mask. Just print a picture of her face, life size and cut it out and attach it to a stick and cut out the eyes so you can see. We did this for a party once and it was a riot.
    Take everything in moderation. Including moderation.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Well how about a zen like spa room, or I think all 18 year olds love Victoria's Secret so maybe pink with lots of stuff from Victoria's. I like Tawns idea I have done that myself with black and white on New years eve and it does have a cool effect.

Sammys

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Allie...did you get the right baby? LOL You seem so opposite.
        Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Creative idea needed!

She loves the spa atmosphere as well.... such great ideas.

Kate, I love your idea too about doing a college theme and using things to decorate that she can take with her, but unforunately here in Florida I would not be able to get my hands on anything soon enough as I would have to order everything! She would definitely love that though.

Here is what I am thinking with the help of all of your ideas:

Since she is used to being surrounded in white walls, I love idea of the red helium ballons all over the ceiling, and I think I will cover the floor in regular balloons. I am not sure if anyone is familiar with "toille" fabric... kinda of gauzy....

I am thinking (since she does not have a headboard on her bed) of putting up a cork board and getting black "toille" fabric and making a gauzy headboard and draping the white lights over the top of it.... (thanks for that suggestion!)

I am also going to create "mock" drapes with the same fabric to make her room a little darker since she wants to sleep... she always has her blinds shut as she has lots of windows.

I thought I would buy red roses (thanks tlrgs) and have those in a vase for her with a huge piece of chocolate cake from her favorite restaurant on an elegant piece of china beside her bed. I think I will tie chocolate kisses to the end of each of the balloon ribbons....

whatcha think?

Hey Brit..... you are right; we are complete opposites. I tell her all the time that I didnt want to waste any of my "smart" genes on myself, and being the loving mother that I am, I saved them ALL for her!
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

I LOVE the balloon theme and all the rest too.
            My son filled his girlfriend's (now wife) room like that and she loved it!

Aren't daughters wonderful!
            I have one and two sons.
            Nothing like it!
            Nancy
            "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Creative idea needed!

That sounds awesome Allie,

A little SPA music and some toiletries would be awesome too!

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Readyornot;364284 wrote: Replace any light bulbs with colored ones.
                Multicolored paper/plastic table cloths are cheap and look great draped from the ceiling (like a dropped balloon type look). Use tacks or pushpins to hold up the edges.
                Hang cut out pictures (against poster board shapes) of your daughter/family/pets from fishing line at different lengths all over the ceiling
                Visit the dollar store nearest you and get instantly inspired
                I LOVE this!!!
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Hey A/P4T,
                  I love the idea of the chocolate bars. I also love the idea of the college thing -- maybe the colors of where she plans to go to school? That reinforces your support of her and the life that she will soon be embarking on. You love her and she knows that, and this wil be a fun way for her to remember. What a great mom you are! (and all of us parents know how hard it is)
                  xoox
                  CS

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Lukalee... I love that idea too... I forgot to mention that as part of my game plan!

Great idea about the spa music!! See? I cannot think of such simple things by myself, but I am so inspired that I will probably not sleep tonight. I am ready to start RIGHT NOW! LOL.

I am trying to conserve on the money, so I am thinking of setting her laptop on Pandora (which is free music of your choice uninterrupted) and choose spa music. I can choose any artist.... suggestions on the spa music?

I think I am going to enjoy this more than she will!

Comment

Creative idea needed!

CS... just missed your post!

You know what? I have NO idea what her school colors are.... I dont think they even have sports at all there since it is an engineering school.

I should look that up! The college is Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Allie,

ENYA is perfect relaxation music... Irish new age music. I just love it. Or you can just Google "spa music" and you'll get all sorts of hits.

I think I may set up a little spa thingy for myself tonight!

Comment

Creative idea needed!

All great ideas ...love the ballons with kisses ...promise to post pics
                          Sometimes I wonder...."Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"...and then it hits me.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Cannot wait to see the pictures!
                            I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Creative idea needed!

okay, now I have join subscribers to post the pics of the room I have yet to decorate. I wasnt looking for an excuse or anything.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

FYI, you can post pictures as a non subscriber, just not under the People category.
                                I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Working...
                                X