• Show
Clear All

Creative idea needed!

we need another nut in subs.

I wish I could see her face!
    Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Creative idea needed!

I am pricing stuff... it could get expensive. I am going to do it....but might need some creative ideas as to justifying it to my husband! The balloons are a dollar each, and I need about 40 helium.

The way I figure... I would have spent more if I was pulling off a surprise party. I am not buying food, cooking, etc.... I feel justified already.

This is my "budget friendly" surprise party for one. Yeah. That sounds good.
      If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Oh, I hope I took enough notes.

I imagine a "somewhere over the rainbow" theme.

Using rainbows and at the end is help for the underpriveldged as you see fit to interpret.

The only color is the rainbow. The rest is in black and white or mute.

I would put flowers that match the theme for the fragrance of hope is life...it is all emcompasing.

Use the senses. What she sees, feels , touches and smells with influence her beautiful super serious soul.

Wish I were there to help and if I could I would fly in , in, a moments notice.

Books, plenty of original books, if you can hit thrift shops.
        Books at the end of the rainbow about the politics that are in line with your theme.
        :notes:Theme2be

" Do not lose courage in considering your own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them~everyday begin the task anew".-Saint Francis de Sales

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Thanks Theme!

Interestingly, I took an amazing photo of a rainbow the week of July 4th. Never thought about incorporating that! I am sticking with the red balloons and chocolate, but that would make for a great card!

You artsy fartsy people are awesome!

Comment

Creative idea needed!

That sounds good, Prest. I think any air movement in the room will create this wonderful feeling of silent motion. But there must be tons of balloons!

Have a blast.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

That's what I'm thinking... do you think 40 will be enough? I think a hundred will do...

Comment

Creative idea needed!

100 would be better I think but it depends on size of room/balloons. It has to be 'over the top' for major impact.

Comment

Creative idea needed!

P4T, you could buy pink and fuchsia coloured polyesther flowers or something matching the balloons at the dollar store and dismantle them and sprinkle the pedals on her lily white comforter. When it's over no harm is done to the comforter and you can just vacuum up the pedals. The pedals look surprisingly real when torn apart. Just a thought.
                  *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Creative idea needed!

And silver lots and lots of silver!!

But Prest seriously... that's one daughter you have there!!! I'm definetly coming to you more often for advice!!
                    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Oh! My! this is going to be some Surprise!! Have a great time with this, it will be a surprise your daughter will never forget!

I cannot wait to hear how this all comes off! Hope se get to see photos!

xxKate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Creative idea needed!

She absolutely loved it! Thanks for all of your help!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/558988=3608-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Creative idea needed!

Looks great P4T!

(btw, I am IMing hubby about, er, stuff I wanted to talk about. Hope this is a start to a larger conversation. Tooo many days have gone by!)

Comment

Creative idea needed!

I was hoping the picture would turn out bigger..... what you cant really see is the chocolate kisses tied to the bottom of each balloon, and the floor that is covered with red balloons, and the little table off to the side that I put a white tablecloth on, a dozen red roses in a crystal vase, two tall red candles, and a huge piece of chocolate mousse cake on a silver platter. (a plastic silver platter...lol)

Comment

Creative idea needed!

It looks awesome, I bet she was just blown away.
                              *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Comment

Creative idea needed!

How sweet of you to have made that effort, especially after the difficult time you were going thru before. That's something she'll treasure long after the chocolate is gone. You get the good mom award for the day!

Comment

Working...
                                X